OS 5 Feature requests

• OS 5 Feature requests

Filter 2 Analog Mode with 4 poles HPF for recreating MS-20 & Voyager patches on Virus

New possibilities of filters routing:
    to have the possibility of choosing which Oscillator goes in which filter (Split +)
    the current Split mode is limited
    to have the possibility of choosing SAT after the 2 Filters

A notepad in the COMMON section for writing patches comment.

Osc 1, 2 & 3 fine detune +/- 50 cents

A third multipoint envelope with a loop mode

All Osc as source of MATRIX (in particular Noise)

Faster Lfos, they are digital...

ARP glide like TB-303

+ "The sine shape available at the SubOsc would increase the sound palette. By now it is necessary to activate sync between Osc to obtain an equivalent result."

+ "Buttons to reverse the phases of the oscillators would be killer!"

Some of that feature are missing and obliges me to use other less powerful Synth to complement TI.

Best regards,
    David

• If you want a noise source for the mod matrix just use S&H with max frequency, or S&G for a slightly different flavour (in fact, any of the wave forms will give you a different feel, but i find S&G the most pleasing).

• If you want a noise source for the mod matrix just use S&H with max frequency, or S&G for a slightly different flavour (in fact, any of the wave forms will give you a different feel, but i find S&G the most pleasing).

I understand your explanation but Noise reacts more quickly than a S&H lfo. It would be necessary to have 2 times faster lfo to obtain something equivalent.
    Dave Smith synth have this very particular function and which adds a very special grain to the sound.
    As I mentioned before, it is feature that are missing and obliges me to use other less powerful Synth to complement TI.

• - Custom names for softknobs.

- Better (contextual) ModMatrix naming of OSC parameters. If I'm using a Wavetable OSC, I'm trying to modulate Index, not something called Shape.

- Would love to finally see the layout of the effects/EQ parameters on the TI screen actually match the layout of the physical knobs.

• I just like the whole swappable module approach they have been taking - ie choose your oscillator, choose your filter, choose your distortion model, delay effect, reverb effect.

I think they should just go more universal with that - choose your phaser/ chorus/ ring mod type - and perhaps more detailed controls on the delay/chorus/phaser like negative feedback for the delay, etc.

I'm fairly certain that they'll have a few tasty things up their sleeve, too...

• I just like the whole swappable module approach they have been taking - ie choose your oscillator, choose your filter, choose your distortion model, delay effect, reverb effect.

I think they should just go more universal with that - choose your phaser/ chorus/ ring mod type - and perhaps more detailed controls on the delay/chorus/phaser like negative feedback for the delay, etc.

I'm fairly certain that they'll have a few tasty things up their sleeve, too...

amen..............................Virus Modular TI.......................almost

• i want the TI making me real coffee while updating instead of just a picture! :D

And i would love to have a better delay functionality with some delay presets as well so it makes it easier to ajust to something you want.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

And i would love to have a better delay functionality with some delay presets as well so it makes it easier to ajust to something you want.

I agree - I have always wanted to be able to save my favourite setups for effects/etc. in a list of presets so I can call them up - perhaps so you can get the lock section type functionality when you are in standalone mode...

I have a notebook full of param values which i have to copy from a lot to pull up some favourite setups (since it is faster than swapping between two presets loads of times) - perhaps a more integrated approach?

• Another feature I have been feeling the need for is extra key modes.

Example one - i get a sound that's perfect, distortion and everything is bang on, then i want to play several notes; obviously I cant because it would make the distortion go mental.

Perhaps some sort of 'sampler type' polyphonic where each note has its own distortion (i know it would be voice hungry, but there are some presets i would love to be polyphonic but keep their distorted tone).

Example two - using a mono synth and i get a nice filter envelope to give the note a nice attack, but as soon as i play legato I only get it on the first note and not on subsequent - sometimes desirable for a gentle attack but for clean transitions between notes, and yes in general resetting envelopes are undesirable, but some synths had it (i cant think of an example off the top of my head but it was one of the string machine type synths, maybe ARP).

In both cases a mode where note instances are not 'aware' of each other, or rather, are not affected by other notes at all (other than on mono where the previous note is killed) as if they were played on their own.

To be honest, im not quite sure what differences there are between the 4 mono modes, I have been messing around and have not yet found any...