OS 5 Feature requests

• +1

I think it would also be nice to see frequency values on the filter readout as opposed to 0 - 127.

I think they have been slowly phasing this kind of thing in... If you look at the FX wet/dry controls now, they show dB for wet/dry rather than the old 0-127 they had...

The only drawback is that in my performances I knew where to turn things on the range 0-127, so i had to learn them again (and I didn't actually know the corresponding value, I just had to guess by ear).

• I think it would be better to update the Virus HW to a much more powerful DSP first.

The many great suggestions here will turn the current Virus TI / TI2 into a "lame" synth far too expensive per voice / note compared to other solutions... The concept needs more air to breathe again and better interfacing like USB 3 and Firewire...

In times of economical crisis and everyone saving any buck wherever possible I doubt all this will happen soon... :(

• +1 on the "split" filter - routing osc to filter A OR B
    Also i would appreciate a way to call up the multi's made in standalone mode in the plugin, mainly for store/recall purpose.

*edit*

looks like the multi thing is a big request but not possible in VC but possibly in the control center? I hope you guys can make this work ...

*edit 29/6*

possibility to send parameters out of mod matrix to external midi devices; lfo, envelopes and arp to mod come to mind

Breaxity - bringing breakbeats and basslines for over 5 years on urgent.fm - tune in - rinse out!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Hecticcc ()

• Sometimes when using sounds that have no phase init and no osc sync, a click is heard because the osc doesn't start at a zero crossing.
    Maybe a function that filters that out the click or gives a small att env to that osc.

In unison it is not completly clear to me what LFO phase does. Mostof the time it doens't alter the sound very much. Wouldn't a function that delays one side of the unison voices be great? Positive an negative value so you get the effect of ADT (automatic double tracking)

The rest of the requests are great too (particular the third evelope)

• Sometimes when using sounds that have no phase init and no osc sync, a click is heard because the osc doesn't start at a zero crossing.
    Maybe a function that filters that out the click or gives a small att env to that osc.

Just turn up the attack a little bit (in the range 0-32 i guess) - or play with the punch setting for the oscillator.

In unison it is not completly clear to me what LFO phase does. Mostof the time it doens't alter the sound very much. Wouldn't a function that delays one side of the unison voices be great? Positive an negative value so you get the effect of ADT (automatic double tracking)

The rest of the requests are great too (particular the third evelope)

LFO phase makes the phase of the lfo for different unison instances out of phase - so if you have something like a pitch variation from one of the LFOs, the pitch variation will be out of time compared to the other copies in the unison (so it sounds more like unison rather than every voice varying its pitch in exactly the same way at exactly the same time). The detune and stereo spread controls on the unison already gives you a pretty good double tracking effect... having said this I have myself asked for a flanger/doubler type mode on the chorus effect...

• I'd like to see Access create a standalone version of the Ti editor, just a standard midi run editor with no audio configurations. Same deal as they did with the Emagic soundiver editor Virus SD example.

Also an option for an overview page of the editor as a whole rather than pages. It was possible back in the late 90's even when monitors were smaller so the overview would certainly be acceptable now.

• you know what would give me a huge smile, a vitual stereo output for each 16 parts other than that a fix for the knobs latency problem.

• you know what would give me a huge smile, a vitual stereo output for each 16 parts other than that a fix for the knobs latency problem.

And you understand that it wouldn't be possible without upgrading the hardware with a larger bandwidth interface, not a software upgrade?