USER SELECTABLE PART AMOUNT IN VC?

• This is a thread that was started on the other Virus forum and still feel it is a very valid suggestion for a future update. What do you guys think?

Basically it is a way to have the user select the number of parts that are listed in VC instead of automatically listing at 16. Since we can't usually get more than 3-4 parts in use simultaneously anyways, why list more? I would love to only have 3-4 listed, but make the parts listed as visually bigger for better feedback. We could also change the PAN/VOLUME knobs into Sliders this way.

Say, isn't this exactly how the VC GUI looks for the snow? Why not allow Desktop/Polar/Keyboard users to customize theirs to be the same way?

http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30520

• there are no plans to implement a custom view for the part bar. in fact i strongly would opt again the idea for two simple reasons.

1) even though i red this statement multiple times, the virus ti is very much capable of playing many parts at the same time. there is tons of people happily using many different parts in the arrangement without trouble.
    2) if you run into a this situation by using resource hungry sounds, nobody should assume that all those parts have to play at the same time. if we limit the amount of parts we limit the freedom of using different sounds in different parts of the arrangement.

the tutorial song is using 9 parts at the moment and many of those are drum sounds which are known to be resource hungry. 8 of the 9 parts are playing the whole time.

best, marc

• I am sorry to hear this marc, but perhaps we are on a different page with this. I am not asking that we limit the parts indefinitely, in fact I am not even thinking along the lines of limiting the parts for resource saving reasons. I am looking at it mainly from a cosmetic perspective. If someone wants to use 9+ parts, they are more than free to do so, however, if someone only plans to use 3-4, let them only show the parts that are wanted. I was basically requesting an option to only view the parts that are needed for a particular user for their current and particular project. Have it so that 16 parts are still readily available, but if someone requests less they can simply opt to now show any parts above and beyond what they are needing for their project. This allows the part listing to be much cleaner and less cluttered. The less parts showing means the larger the parts can be in view, as well as change the volume and pan pots into sliders. How the Snow's VC looks is perfect.

It is like a user working on a track that only contains 4 midi parts, should Cubase list all 16 anyways just because another user at another time may want to use all 16? All this does is leave the screen cluttered for those that don't wish to see and use all the parts that another may. It is all about customization and tailoring VC to an individuals needs instead of dictating it to be one way and one way only.

• ok Marc, fair enough. I didn't mean to meddle and harp, was just making sure we were on the same page. I appreciate the fact that you even took the time to explain yourself, most other companies don't. I won't hold my breath, but who knows, maybe a nice surprise will come in the future.

All the best,

Andrew