Any guesses on this sound?

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    at 3:45 a somewhat dissonant lead enters the track. I've heard this in a few other places (Samurai Jack :D) but I've never stumbled across this sonic space while programming any synthesizer. It seems it should be a fairly simple sound, so I guess I'm missing something obvious...? Anyone able to enlighten me?

• That sound is very recognizable, is very similar or idencal to "Roland TB-303" bassline sound. There are several presets in virus ti simulating the 303 bassline. Maybe you can tweak and modulate the preset parameters and make better sound and give it more 303-fidelity sound. By the way, i recommend you two vst instruments for simulate with amazing quality the 303 bassline sound . First : d16 group phoscyon ( http://www.d16.pl/index.php?menu=10 ) and in second place : Audiorealism bassline 2 > ( http://www.audiorealism.se/abl/abl2_announcement.htm ) choose what you like, or make it in the virus !! greetings!

• Hrmm, I've played with a 303 before and I certainly recognized similarity but I swear the timbre is somewhat different, more dissonant... maybe I'm just deaf? I'll see if I figure anything out.

• LOL, no it isn't a Korg Prophecy, the Prophecy cannot do these sounds,
    as in fact the Virus can't either but it makes a better go of it than the Prophecy.
    Besides, you can tell it's Analogue if you listen.

All 3 lead sounds are a TB-303, this is what a real 303 sounds like,
    sharp and hard attack, through to wet and organic with just a turn of one knob.
    Slight distortion is all that's added here. This wide ranging ACID sound is why the TB-303 is so sought after now.

• try listening to it on vinyl mate,not as warm and organic as you think

• I said the TB-303 is Organic not this specific recording, try reading before being a smartass.

I've owned a TB-303 since 1987 and various clones, I know what they sound like.
    Also I've owned a Prophecy since 1995, I'm not just saying random stuff, I'm using my ears and over 30 years experience with synths.
    It could be an MC-202 but it isn't, it could be a DB9 or x0xb0x but it isn't.
    Goa and Trance almost always used classic analogue synths, there wasn't much else decent available at that time.

Do you really think the Prophecy sounds the same as an analogue Monosynth?
    It sounds bitty and unrefined to me (in VA mode) especially in the high registers.

• Hrmm, I've played with a 303 before and I certainly recognized similarity but I swear the timbre is somewhat different, more dissonant... maybe I'm just deaf? I'll see if I figure anything out.

It's just a distortion pedal creating that extra body and tone,
    most likely a TubeScreamer that is what we used on most Acid type tracks in those days.

• Cool, thanks for the clarification Raz. I've heard a lot of acid trance music dripping with 303 lines but I wasn't quite sure on that sound - if you have one on hand I trust your opinion. It really is wild what you can do with it!