Cubase 5.1 and virus TI, problems when i open projects made with the 5.01

• I updated my Cubase from 5.01 to 5.1 i opened my project made with Cubase 5.01 and the Virus TI had no sound (you can switch to usb or analog outputs, doesnt matter...no sound)

I had to close the virus control and reopen it ...off course i had to write down or safe all the sound setup.... after this, the virus is back to make good sounds.

Please somebody can verify if im the only one to get this problem? You can see the meters moving but no sound....

Virus or Cubase bug?

• This is for Logger, I updated to 3.1.0.0 and Cubase crashed BIG Time! Completely stopped responding. Also the computer was sluggish closing down or opening up again. I felt like I was going to lose my projects. I found the 2.7.3.0 installer on an external drive, after dumping the new OS, and installing the old one, all works fine, no problems.

I am almost certain the problem is the USB drivers. But I'm not the expert.

Access doesn't seem to be aware of this problem, so XP users may be on their own.

• Dear Tidbit,
    I just responded to your forum post. On a different note: just because you run into a severe issue with a new OS update doesn't automatically mean that this is a general problem with the TI OS we put out. After the initial hick-up with the version mismatch (which was solved quickly) the overall response to OS 3.1 is good.

If you continue to have problems, please respond to my posting on your actual forum thread or respond to my email I sent you to your support ticket.
    Thank you.

Best wishes,
    Joerg Huettner

• hello all !!
    so i find out my problem was windose update for xppack3.1!!! chek on windose update and you will see the fill xp pack3 and 1update call correctif xp3.1

so i reinstal my xp3 and disable automatique windose update and the virus working but still cant use the 3 out USB

see you later!!

• This is for Logger, I updated to 3.1.0.0 and Cubase crashed BIG Time! Completely stopped responding. Also the computer was sluggish closing down or opening up again. I felt like I was going to lose my projects. I found the 2.7.3.0 installer on an external drive, after dumping the new OS, and installing the old one, all works fine, no problems.

I am almost certain the problem is the USB drivers. But I'm not the expert.

Access doesn't seem to be aware of this problem, so XP users may be on their own.

I'm gonna steer clear of installing the cubase 5.1 update for now there's nothing on it that I'll really need, I've allready rolled back to 3.0.1.15 on the virus as I've found quite a few problems with the VC under 3.1.

Keep me posted though!

• hello i have the laste 5.1 cubase update and the laste3.1 virus update and i get trouble !!
    for exemple i cant open the demo song propely
    and i cant use out2 usb and out3 usb

thanks for the help

To use usb2/usb3 you need to enable them in the "VST Instruments" panel of Cubase. Please read the Cubase manual and the Cubase Tutorial PDF coming with the Virus TI Software. Also read the section about the Input/Output configuration which can be found in the Manual Addendum.

-timo

• hello all so i find out after all my test and it was my mousse!!!
    doing something to his usb port so new mousse!!
    and cubase 5.1 and virus are stable no crash no latenci i didnt test the fx part but i still cant use out2 and out3!!
    so im going to downgrade to 2.7 and i will tel you how is going

see you later

• hello all so i find out after all my test and it was my mousse!!!
    doing something to his usb port so new mousse!!
    and cubase 5.1 and virus are stable no crash no latenci i didnt test the fx part

glad to hear. Make sure you run the TI on a USB Roothub alone, as advised in the manual/tutorials.

but i still cant use out2 and out3!!
    so im going to downgrade to 2.7 and i will tel you how is going

You need to enable the outputs in Cubase. Since Cubase 4, additional outputs in plugins are not routed by default and must be activated in the VST Instruments panel. There is a little icon where you need to enable the additional outputs. Take a look at the attachment of this post.

Please read the Cubase manual about it.

cu
    -timo