Pitchbend Wheel - is there a disable feature?

• Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance for the total noob question(I've only had my Virus for 2 weeks at this point) but I'm having no luck finding anything about this using the the forum search or Google.

The pitchbend wheel on my TI Polar is non functional and I've been through the manual and cannot find anything about a feature to enable or disable it. I also found that in remote mode no CC data is relayed to my DAW. Either I'm totally missing something in the features or the wheel is simply broken.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Pitch bend is not a CC, it is a separate message. So if you're looking for CC data in your DAW you won't find it!

The Status bytes of 0x80 to 0xEF are for messages that can be broadcast on any one of the 16 MIDI channels. Because of this, these are called Voice messages. (My own preference is to say that these messages belong in the Voice Category). For these Status bytes, you break up the 8-bit byte into 2 4-bit nibbles. For example, a Status byte of 0x92 can be broken up into 2 nibbles with values of 9 (high nibble) and 2 (low nibble). The high nibble tells you what type of MIDI message this is. Here are the possible values for the high nibble, and what type of Voice Category message each represents:

8 = Note Off
    9 = Note On
    A = AfterTouch (ie, key pressure)
    B = Control Change
    C = Program (patch) change
    D = Channel Pressure
    E = Pitch Wheel

If your DAW lets you see all MIDI msgs, look for a Voice msg with E in the high nibble.

As far as disabling pitch bend, it is possible to set the bend range to 0 but that is on a per patch basis not global.

You didn't say whether the bender just stopped working or it never worked.

Good luck!

• It's never worked since I received it. It doesn't work on any patch either. I'm starting to think its broken..

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,