Purchasing TI or TI2 61 Keyboard

• My TI arrived today! Oh, it is very nice, and in perfect condition too. I am used to programming the Virus A, but it didn't take long to figure out basic navigation on the TI.. The effects / distortion/ EQ section is a very , very welcome addition. This will take a load off my CPU and now I won't have to spend a fortune on decent software EQ channel strips. I'm also looking forward to programming the arp via steps, just like my Kawai K5000s (which unfortunately has very little user memory for storing user arp patterns)

First impression of `the sound' is it is a little different to the Virus A. I expected this, though, because the DACS are quite different. Virus A seemed to have more `presence' & `grit' on first impressions (even without a distortion FX section) , and the TI seems to have more spectral balance and `fullness' (excuse my not-so technical description). Some of the sounds kind of remind me of heavocity evolve, and others sound very drum and bass. Overall it is very pleasing to my ear and I think its a keeper for sure.

Will post more once I've had a deeper look at it.

• Woohooo..Congrats Chood. I bet it was an overwhelming moment when you got the TI.

I read that the current sounds in the TI's are much fuller (with more mids) but kinda lack the grit and presence like Virus A. Reckon by adding a EQ with Soundtoys Decapitator Plugin, we can produce some grity and funky sounds.

Do post more of your experiments/finding with your new TI mate.

Cheers

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 28GB Ram, 4 TB Hard Drive, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 7GB Ram, 2 TB Hard Drive
    Logic Pro X 10.2, OSX Yosemite, Motu Ultralite,
    Access Virus TI Desktop [5.1.3.00]

• Thanks heaps David! Yes, it s sooo nice to finally have this synth sitting here and connected to the HS80M's & my keyboard; I really hope that you will get one too:) . Its more impressive in real life than in the pictures. I'm appreciating so much about it, and I think a sound designer like you would love this thing...its got a bit of everything in terms of sound types, sound control, and special fx.

As you may have guessed, I have been interested in synths for along time and have owned quite a few classics over the past decade or so. So all the little modern additions that you see come together on something like the TI- like the balanced analog outs/ digital, software integration, and USB I/O and massive polyphony- really mean something special to me. The software integration is of lesser importance to me, I suppose because I learned to sequence synths the old skool way. But I am keen to try something new and see how it goes.

It would be just my luck that i have to go away for week tomorrow. So I will not be able to really look at its software integration with Cubase 5 for another 8 days. I wish i could give you a bit more feedback than this and address some of the problems that have been mentioned earlier n this thread. I will definitely get back to you soon though.

• Take your time Choond. Would ike to hear your reviews before i plan furture.

Stil doing lot's of research on synthesis as i'm a newbie in this realm and reading up on software plugins.

Will hear from you in the next 8 days mate.

Take care dude. Cheers

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 28GB Ram, 4 TB Hard Drive, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 7GB Ram, 2 TB Hard Drive
    Logic Pro X 10.2, OSX Yosemite, Motu Ultralite,
    Access Virus TI Desktop [5.1.3.00]