"Audio driver failed" error

• I am suddenly getting "Audio driver failed" error. It says, "The audiodriver failed to start or is not installed. This can happen if you have connected too many USB devices. Also try to intsall the Virus TI Software again."

This has never happened before. :cursing:

• I think I figured out why this error occurs. Seems to happen when projects are running at 88.2khz. At 44.1khz, Virus works fine. Known issue?

• Nothing to elaborate really. Ableton Live 8.0.5b10. Projects running at 88.2khz sometimes cause Virus TI Snow VC "audio driver failed." To make it work again, reinstall or start a project at 44.1 or 48khz and load VC. Let me work @ 44.1khz for a couple of days and see if it comes back and let u know.

• Τhis has happened to me also but only on projects that I imported over to Cubase 5 from SX3!Projects that I have imported from Cubase 4 have no problems regardless of the TI firmware version!The solution is to load the TI vst once cubase starts and then load the problematic project!

• Τhis has happened to me also but only on projects that I imported over to Cubase 5 from SX3!Projects that I have imported from Cubase 4 have no problems regardless of the TI firmware version!The solution is to load the TI vst once cubase starts and then load the problematic project!

What samplerate? It occurs here after the Live project loads with VC fine for certain time. Then suddenly, VC goes poof!

• I have the same problem over here,
    my guess is is that it's related to cubase 5.

I think this because when i installed the new cubase 5.1 version this behaviour started with the setup i always used.
    Also my Motif XS VSTI didn't work anymore and gave a Port open error. When browsing the motifator forums someone from yamaha gave the advice to reduce the number of active midi ports in the device settings of cubase. So i've set a lot of those ports to invisible (unused) and the motif xs vst started working again.

the strange part with the audiodriver failed error is that when i restart cubase the virus ti works again. Also the number of times this message occur seems kind a random.

I never have this message when i start a new project. However, if i load this new fresh project again where i used the virus ti, then about 2 out of 5 times it starts up wrong with the audio driver failed message.

There are more people that have this problem in cubase 5, it's also discussed on a dutch forum where more people have this issue in cubase 5.

my setup:
    virus TI os 3.1.0
    cubase 5.1
    vista 32
    3 gig memory
    motu 828mk iii

hope this helps to determine the cause of the problem.

• I'm experiencing the same thing that you guys have had. Virus Control is finicky - sometimes it loads and sometimes it doesn't. It may take up to five Cubase restarts and Virus resets (arp edit from sleep) before I can get the virus control up. Been running the newest 3.1 os since it came out. Problems didn't occur until I added cubase 5.1 and the MR816x. I've often had trouble with the motu microlite not starting up with windows but that was a simple unplug and replug the USB cable fix. The Virus is more finicky. I'm going to try a dedicated pci USB card for the virus and see if that works. The odd thing is that once the Virus control is up in a particular project, it's clear sailing.

here's my setup:
    Core I7 920
    Gigabyte board UD3r (speed steppng off)
    Windows XP Home
    Virus Ti desktop
    Cubase 5.1 (legal and registered)
    Steinberg MR 816
    Motu Micro Lite

• Hello everyone,

I also ran into the same problem in Ableton 8.0.9 "Driver Failed" and Joerg from Access tried to help me but to no avail. I tried the VC in Logic pro 9 also but same thing. Hopefully we will have another update soon because I just bought a powerful and fast iMac and I'm very eager to work on it with Virus. I will try to contact Joerg again, maybe he has some other solution.

My setUp:-
    iMac quadcorei7
    8gb ram
    Ableton/Logic pro
    Motu Ultralite mk3
    WD external drive

Good luck everyone

• + 1 on this problem guys. i have just bought a new quad core i7 imac and am getting audio driver failed everytime i load up in ableton. it hasnt loaded and worked once. i have been in contact with Jorg at access support and gone through various procedures but no solution as yet. it runs fine on my macbook pro everytime but unfortunately i am selling the laptop so need a solution asap to work on my imac. on the last email with support Jorg had said he had referred to the r&d department and was waiting for input on the problem.
    i really hope there is a fix soon!!

• + 1 on this problem guys. i have just bought a new quad core i7 imac and am getting audio driver failed everytime i load up in ableton. it hasnt loaded and worked once. i have been in contact with Jorg at access support and gone through various procedures but no solution as yet. it runs fine on my macbook pro everytime but unfortunately i am selling the laptop so need a solution asap to work on my imac. on the last email with support Jorg had said he had referred to the r&d department and was waiting for input on the problem.
    i really hope there is a fix soon!!

Yeah buddy, I have the same setup as yours and just dying to try my TI with my new quad core.
    And I'm also stuck with the same response with Jorg, hopefully they will figure out soon. :(