FRUITY LOOPS high latency problem !! please solve it!

• Hey Timo,

Just a headsup to say that there is now some sort of "assisted PDC" in FL (version 9.1, which is in RC1 at the moment). The forums are saying this really helps - I've yet to put it through it's paces yet. 'Assisted' just means 'auto but with manual override'.

I think you might want to update this documentation if you get time, as new users are going to find this confusing I think. There's quite a few changes to the wrapper since v6 as well.

Regards,

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• Hi,

Aout the latency problem in FL Studio. I use the Virus TI template posted in this forum (the one where there´s a preset delay set to all mixer channels in the FL Studio mixer).

Now to improve the latency I use Part 1 as my preview part in Virus Control. To do this I routed it to Out 1 L+R instead of USB1 L+R. This way Part 1 is NOT routed back to the FL Studio mixer but straight out to the Virus output port 1. This way it is possile to play your midi keyboard without any substantial lateny. Whenever I´m ready browsing and playing patches this way and I want to use it in my song I drag the patch from Part 1 to wichever Part I want it to. Works fine for me.

Cheers
    Martin

• This sounds great Martin.

I've only got a Lexicon U-22 audio interface but I can't see to get any of the standard outputs to work.

I've taken just a single mono 'jack' lead from Output 1 to my U22 and tried outputting the in the Common section to Output1 and *nothing*.

I've also go a '2 mono jacks to stereo jack' and tried that ... again, nothing.

I guess you got a full on mixing desk, but I just wondered if there was anything obvious I was missing - switching back to USB works in an instant.

I'm a bit of noob at all this hardware stuff :)

S.S.

- oh, i've just had a thought - I bet you are using the Virus soundcard ... is that something to do with it ?

• sixtonio, are you using your TI as your audio interface? The reason I ask is because I had some HUGE issues in FL Studio before I started using a dedicated audio interface and then everything was great.

• yes ,i have done lot of things and configurations but doesnt works as i expected . I have the fruity loops 9.1 and still having problems with terrible latency . I use the virus usb asio (3ms) . I have solving my problem using cubase 5 because i dont need any kind of configuration . In cubase 5 automatically (with no user changes) the latency is 0 , null - nonexistent . Thanks

• Just one tip I've discovered in FL (although I agree, it's horrendous generally) ...

When you are playing 'live'/audioning, make sure that VC is not 'open' on the screen. It makes a massive difference to the live lag (Win 7 64 bit)

I've only just sussed why sometimes I get lag - even with the Live button on - and sometimes I didn't.

Hope that helps someone with one problem ...

S.S.

.. i've actually got a copy of Cubase 5.1 in my bag - i'm gonna trial it and see if you're "Zero Latency, Zero problems" is true ... if it is, we need to team up and report back to Image Line

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SpencerSteel ()

• i would start learning cubase!

you will see that you won't have any latency.
    if you are used to cubase , you dont wanne use fl studio anymore.
    the sound quality is way much.

grtz

• i would start learning cubase!

you will see that you won't have any latency.
    if you are used to cubase , you dont wanne use fl studio anymore.
    the sound quality is way much.

grtz

I have used cubase quite a bit - and I prefer FL Studio much more - and the audio quality is the same, it has almost nothing to do with the DAW. I actually spend a lot of time remastering things made in Cubase using FL Studio, and people are always happy with the improvements.

It is possible to use the Virus in FL Studio with low latency (they have new tools to make it easier to compensate for delay, too) - I do it all the time

• i have news ! . I HAVE SOLVED THE LATENCY PROBLEM MANUALLY ! GET MY TEMPLATE FLP PROJECT HERE > http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/76326239/file.html
    (click where you see DOWNLOAD LINK, is small but find it in the center of the screen more less)

You need of corse VIRUS TI virus control. YOU NEED FRUITY LOOPS 9 (if have 9,1 better) . In virus ti select a preset with 0 attack . Now press play. In my computer i have perfect sync with this template with my samples (kick , hi hats) and virus ti preset (you dont need external wav files because this template has the kick , clap and hihat by default in any FL project). At least in my computer this template works fine with perfect SYNCRONISM between virus and samples. I dont know if this project will have the same sync in your computer. In my template i have 90 MS latency !!! YOu will noticed that if you press metronome is not sync with the instruments,. this is beacuse i have compensated the latency of the virus delaying the rest of the instruments (kick . hihat , clap...) PICTURES ABOUT CONFIG HERE :

picture url > http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6509/virustidelaypics.jpg

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6509/virustidelaypics.jpg]

If doesnt works in your computer ask to me . THANKS ^^