Direct Monitor

• Can someone explain what the Direct Monitor feature is for..........I mean I pretty much understand what it does, routes the output to the analog output 1 and matches that outputs latency with the USB.....I guess I'm just wondering why we have this.........One benefit I found is it makes it easier to bounce tracks, since now I don't have to buss out to a audio track, but is that the real reason we have this......Just curious.....

• Can someone explain what the Direct Monitor feature is for..........I mean I pretty much understand what it does, routes the output to the analog output 1 and matches that outputs latency with the USB.....I guess I'm just wondering why we have this.........One benefit I found is it makes it easier to bounce tracks, since now I don't have to buss out to a audio track, but is that the real reason we have this......Just curious.....

it comes in handy when you're in a situation where the playback system runs on a higher buffer size and you face latency when recording a take. direct monitoring is designed for a recording, not for a playback situation.

best, marc