macbookpro i7 compatibility access virus control (solved)

• Thinking of buying one of the new macbookpro. Anyone have any experience with this, comparability issues ?
    apparently on the 15 inch and 17 inch the usb port don't look separated,same bus for all the usb ports.
    so what happen with those new model of macbookpro 15 and 17 inch?
    i realise that i don't have the latest software for access, does it bring something different to work with the new architecture of those mac and imac without the need of the imac trick?
    thank you in advance for your answers

• The older, non-unibody Macbooks and Macbook Pros had 2 USB busses. 1 port was on a dedicated bus and this port varied from model to model and the other port (or ports on the 17" MBP) shared the USB bus with the keyboard and trackpad, thus acting like an available port on a hub. For example, on my 1st gen MBP... the left USB port is on the dedicated USB bus and the right USB port is the one on the shared bus. I would imagine that this architecture would still be the same in the unibody Macs, although I don't have any concrete information on whether or not that's still the case.

• thank u so much
    ok i will try
    little delay to receive the macbookpro with the configuration that i want
    any point of view of choice between the i7 macbook pro vs imac quad i7 vs the actual mac pro quad vs the new mac pro that will arrive in june to work more than friendly with a TI2 and a lot of soft?
    which machine should give the best result?

• Yes, please marc - I've seen this fix in a few posts, but before I go into Terminal and start disabling things on the USB bus, I would like to know what this does.
    Is it something that has to be redone every time you boot, or is it permanent until changed back?
    How do you change it back?

I think you can see that there is a good reason to explain this fix.

Scott.

• Yes, please marc - I've seen this fix in a few posts, but before I go into Terminal and start disabling things on the USB bus, I would like to know what this does.
    Is it something that has to be redone every time you boot, or is it permanent until changed back?
    How do you change it back?

I think you can see that there is a good reason to explain this fix.

Scott.

you can revert to the old setting by replacing "false" with "true". this fix ensures that virus control, as it is right now, can connect with the virus ti on a computer with an i5/i7 chipset.

best, marc

• Yeah, I got ya, you can revert back to the old setting. . . But what does it do?

The message I'm getting is that the Virus is sharing the USB bus with the card reader, or the bluetooth, etc. etc. All USB ports on my i7 iMac are shared with some internal component.

So, if I use your fix, I assume that I cannot use bluetooth? Or some other internal component gets disabled?, or little green men will fly out of the Virus and smash my favorite albums.

My past experience has been that screwing with the terminal to fix hardware issues can be very, very detrimental, and should not be taken lightly, so excuse me if I don't rush off and apply this fix when no information about it has been provided.

So I ask once again, in all impatient sincerity; What Does It Do?

S.

• The message I'm getting is that the Virus is sharing the USB bus with the card reader, or the bluetooth, etc. etc. All USB ports on my i7 iMac are shared with some internal component.

and the "fix" adjust something in virus control which allows you to use it without loosing access to any other USB device. see, what it does, it changes a setting in virus control's preferences, nothing evil. look at my profile, i'm working for access, i'm not trying to FU your computer ;)

best, marc

• Well I just got a new MacBook Pro 15inch and the installer wont even pick up my Virus Ti2 Desktop.. It really sucks because i just want to use what I have you know. I'm pretty new to Macs in general so i hardly have an idea of whats going on. I just want to use this beautiful machine lol. I got it to work on my old PC and can use it when i just hook it into my monitors straight into my midi keyboard. But on here i start the installer and it just freezes a like 77 percent and says that it cant find my Virus at all.. is this maybe a problem with my virus? I would really appreciate any help at all with this. I mean I;m new to virus and Mac so i guess i;m at a loss. But even after searching for a solution on the web i haven't found much at all.

Thanks
    -Aaron

• Well I just got a new MacBook Pro 15inch and the installer wont even pick up my Virus Ti2 Desktop.. It really sucks because i just want to use what I have you know. I'm pretty new to Macs in general so i hardly have an idea of whats going on. I just want to use this beautiful machine lol. I got it to work on my old PC and can use it when i just hook it into my monitors straight into my midi keyboard. But on here i start the installer and it just freezes a like 77 percent and says that it cant find my Virus at all.. is this maybe a problem with my virus? I would really appreciate any help at all with this. I mean I;m new to virus and Mac so i guess i;m at a loss. But even after searching for a solution on the web i haven't found much at all.

Thanks
    -Aaron

the installer and software is compatible with the new intel chip sets, including the one used in your mac book pro. we just installed the software suite on one yesterday and it went fine. try to reset your virus by removing all cords, including the power cord and wait for 20 seconds. then, plug-in the power cord again while holding the ARP EDIT key and run the installer again. contact access support, if you discover further difficulties installing the software suite.

hth, marc

• Hi Marc!

I tried to run "defaults write de.access-music.virus_ti.control Axiomatics -bool false" but i still get an usb conflict when I scan my virus ti desktop. I run the latest firmware and run logic 9.1.3. I have sync problems specially when I write in a lot of different automations and work in multimode, it gets all wild and crazy. It´s getting really frustrating. Is there some way to confirm when this issue has been solved through this command in terminal? Should it still get an usb coflict with other devices on my macbook pro i7 17". Iv read the manual and it says to put the virus TI in the hub where there is less bandwidth and that is what I have done. So now its in conflict with internal keyboard/Trackpad or the bluetooth USb BRC2070 Hub.

And by the way is the new os 4.1.1.05 for virus 64 bit compatible because I can see it as a regular 64bits compatible plugin in 64bits logic mode but there are no confirmations anywhere when it comes to Snow Leopard. Under the downloading link on the web it only says 64bit for the windows 7 version.

Thanx in Advance

/Johnyman

• hello

i have same problem with my virus ti snow.

i have a imac27" i7 and i use logic pro 9

i try your command in my terminal but my virus ti does't work.

if i install the software suite it work a few moment but after lose connexion and i must restart my computer and some times when i restart computer my virus ti snow does't work

do you have a solution???????

P.S. sorry for my english i write better in french!!!!