TI Random Generator Problem

• I am facing the same problem (Virus TI Desktop, OS 4.0.5.01): after having randomized a patch, you can hear the changed sound, but cannot store it, although the display says: "Single stored". After that you change to another patch and then go back to your stored one - your randomized changes are gone, the patch sounds like never been edited. You can also press [Undo] after storing - your changes are gone and won't come back even if you now resume pressing [Redo].

Randomizing also does not change the patches name with an "edit E" in front. So, I guess this is a problem concerning buffer memory from where the randomized data might not be writen to patch memory.

Any other editing, however, done by any parameter changes in Virus Control or on the hardware itself are being stored without any problem.

Access Technical Support didn't have any idea about this problem - seems nobody uses the random function of the item, or didn't ever try storing after experiencing. They told me to upgrade to OS 4.0.5.01, which I did. But this didn't fix the bug.

Can anyone give a cue on this?

• I am also struggling with this problem, I keep getting great results with the patch randomizer only to lose all of it if I switch patches. To be clear, when I randomize a patch, the sound changes but none of the parameters show they have been altered although the sound is radically different. If I tweak it and save it, change patches and then go to recall it, what I am left with is the original patch with the tweaks I made to the randomized patch. This HUGE problem renders the awesome patch randomizer function pretty useless. HELP! Thanks.