Does the Virus C sound differant to the TI

• This question is properly best answered by someone from the Access team.

Q. Do sounds programmed on a Virus C and then loaded in to a TI get played back in the exact same way by the synth engine?

I don’t think they do. Settings like FM amount don’t match up. +23 on a C sounds different to +23 on a TI in the same patch that was programmed on a C. Is it just me or are the two synths different? Also the filters sound different. Am I going nuts?

Cheers
    Brezo

Access Virus TI - Nord Lead 3 - Yamaha CS6x - Roland JP-8000

• i got TI Snow and Viruc C when i load same kamui eslut patch into both the C is defiantly deeper and warm where the snow sounds very digital, find i am using snow mostly for leads and arps

• Zitat

i got TI Snow and Viruc C when i load same kamui eslut patch into both the C is defiantly deeper and warm where the snow sounds very digital, find i am using snow mostly for leads and arps

it's because the red LEDs of the virus c make it sound warmer. and the size of the housing + the wood makes it sound deeper.
    marc

• it's because the red LEDs of the virus c make it sound warmer. and the size of the housing + the wood makes it sound deeper.
    marc

lol.

Are the DACs the same?

By the way, I wish you guys had kept the red LED theme for later models, or at least offered it as an option. Red light is well known for being the least hard on night vision. The contrast isn't painful like with other gear with white/yellow LEDs. It's GREAT for playing late at night in the dark!

• Are the DACs the same?

no, but nowadays, DA convertors are pretty damn good and don't differ enough to make a obvious difference. CDplayer and especially DVD players made a huge impact on the quality of DACs. the analogue amplifier section after the DACs can make a much bigger difference but that is nearly the same as well (we've just added circuits to make the signal a balanced signal). i remember times, when i did demos for the virus b and later for the virus for digidesign tdm. but even in those days, the convertors digidesign used for protools were making the virus just sound a little bit different, when you compare them A/B. i was never able to decide which signal sounded "better" and i would have never been able to know which signal was from which DAC just by listening to it. this was like 10 years ago.

best, marc

• Yes - It will stay on tune.

Best vibes,

LS

• as more features have been added the depth of tweaking has grown so the spectrum of sound has changed
    but i still think the virus b has a smoother warmer sound