Virus Ti as FX module for another synth...is it possible?

• hello, I have a Virus Ti and a Alesis Andromeda.
    I dont like the built in FX the Andromeda has, so I was thinking if it would be possible to use the Virus Ti's inputs as external FX for the Andromeda.
    My set up is a s followed.

The Virus Ti is connected and being used USB and VC with Logic pro, I have also connected the stereo main analog outputs to my audio interface.
    The Andromeda is connected to my audio interface straight up.
    so I use Logic pro 9, Virus ti with VC ....but if its is possible to do what I want to do I wouldnt mind changing the way I have things set up.
    thank you guys :thumbup:

• If you set the Input Selection mode to Static you can route external audio through the filters and effects without having to trigger any notes.

• If you set the Input Selection mode to Static you can route external audio through the filters and effects without having to trigger any notes.

so can I do what you suggested in the VC plug in?
    Can I still use the Virus as synth simultaneously ?

• hey "zebastian21",
    yes, it is all done within VC as "enossified" described and if i remember correctly, you can route audio into an instrument-channel; it's been years that i used logic, so i'm not sure;
    now you just need to make sure your Virus is set to "3 Outs / 1 In" in the "USB Audio Mode" options;
    if it doesn't work like this, you can still connect the audio-outs of your Andromeda to the Virus Inputs, but keep in mind you have to disable the usb input, otherwise the analog one isn't working;
    however, you can use the Virus as Synth simultaneously in both ways, since you use just one part as fx-chain;
    best regards, gravity

• Zitat

...effects in Logic are better than...

better for what? and, how do they exceed? in parameters, sound quality, handling, or is it some ranking from an FX-chart list?
    sorry for this provoking undertone, but do you stick only to tools considered to be the "better" ones?
    following ideas is what it's about, and this can be using the worst possible device with almost no signs of conductivity, as long as the sound is right in the end in your opinion; :D

cheers, gravity

• .It's up to everyone but I personally think it's a bit crazy to use a virus as an EXF processor only - simply for cost reasons, especially live.

But if you don't need your virus synth in every song or bounce down tracks to audio why not experimenting with it?

• Zitat

it's a bit crazy to use a virus as an EXF processor only

i agree, though i doupt anybody would... ^^

Zitat

...why not experimenting with it?

exactly what i pointed out for cprovenzo!
    i often use the Ti as a guitar FX-chain, especially with the new stomp-distortion algorithms in OS4; also the tape delay is a really nice live tool; :thumbup:

cheers, gravity

• Call me crazy but the effects in Logic are better than the effects on the Virus, why not just use them?

FOr software plug-in effects, other than maybe Nitro PSP, if you want good deep effects for the value: there is no other software effects that compare to the Deep Reconstructions and Deep Transformations and Deep Freq effects packs that came out for Kore 2. (Other than the Eventide Harmonizer pack for Pro Tools HD but that costs an arm and a leg).

These kore FX packs are only 80 dollars each and have FX with similar insane effects as Eventide, but easier modulation control! But also very cool effects so far out and twisted that many of them are even better than eventide ones! (but you have to have Kore 2, so thats another investment from 200-400 dollars, depending on if you want the kore 2 controller,... but these effects packs are gonna constantly come out and the advantage of Kore is the control surface which allows you to morph between the effects settings of 8 different parameters for 8 set positions with the 8 knobs, or buttons .

These are simply the deepest software plugins i have ever heard in my life for very neat and rhythmically in sync effects. The are worth checking out and listening to.