MIDI out parts in multi mode

• I was just thinking today how fantastic it would be if i could set parts on multi mode to 'midi out parts'.

Same key range controls

Same patch settings (i suppose the virus would sent the patch changes upon change of multi, or when you edit it)

Only difference being the virus controls other synths based on these controls rather than originating the sound itelf.

Random example; part 3, set to midi channel 2 between G2 and F#3, sends midi out messages on channel 1 (using the MIDI OUT port).

It would be even better if it were possible to enable the AUDIO IN on the same part so the virus can process the generated synth sounds if you connect it up.

This would save me endless trouble with midi mergers and splitters, etc. if i could just use the virus for it all.

• As for multimode I wish it was possible to freely exchange stand alone multimode settings with sequencer mode setup in VC (actually this means that you can edit multimode settings on VC - key board zones etc) since currently it is possible to save from sequencer to multi (not in very user friendly way - through multi edit buffer), but actually I don't know the way of getting multi to sequencer reliably :( maybe it is so complex so I just haven't succeeded doing that :( - anyway if it is possible perhaps someone can describe that in details on tips&tricks section of this forum :S

• You can already do something very close to this in MULTI mode. If you select part 3, the unit will transmit MIDI channel 3 out the MIDI OUT port. If the LOCAL switch is OFF or if part #3 is disabled by having its volume turned all the way down, etc., then part 3 / channel 3 will be available to control another synth on channel 3.

(Maybe I've misunderstood what you are trying to do..)

-Luddy

• First of all, I'm using a TI Desktop, so local on/off makes no sense.

The point is i want to make an individual set of keys drive an external synth (like a microKORG or D-50 or Sampletank VST or whatever) based on the multi configuration such that i can jump to a different multi and have it do it differently when i want it to (rather than using MIDI thru or whatever and having to go over to the other piece of hardware and jump preset or whatever on that, too...