Some Snow questions, we are noobs Please help : )

• Hallo All!

Though we have figured out quite a lot in the week we have had our Snow, we are lost on some things. 1. There are 64 Multis, yet I can only find 6 to 8 of them, how do we gain access to all 64 multis in the hardware? I have tried but only wind up screwing up the ones there. Though I do understand how to access all singles.

If you cant use a Multi VCC VSTi, then why are there four rows for single sounds?

Is the headphone output on the back of the Snow naturally a bit quiet?, even at full volume its not very loud, but we see no evidence of a defect, we have tried two headphones, one an AKG.

We have a Fireface 800, and we are wondering if the Snow's USB audio can be used in tandem with the Firefaces in order to ensure we have TI as a VSTi?? Or do we have to use the analog outs of the Snow in the Fireface and fore-go that part of TI? Much like we had to do with the Roland Sonic Cell, which really defeats the purpose.

We are using Sonar Pro 8.5, Win XP Pro SP3, and AMD Multi Core

Which brings me to my final question (for now) In Sonar If we were to open TI as all available outputs, thus giving the Snow audio and I think MIDI tracks to each of the four parts, can then a Multi be used??

• If you cant use a Multi VCC VSTi, then why are there four rows for single sounds?

Using Snow as a VSTi switches you into Sequence mode which is similar to multi mode but not the same. The settings in Sequence mode are saved with your DAW project. You can also save this to a Multi (see the manual about this) but not the other way around, at least as I understand it..

We have a Fireface 800, and we are wondering if the Snow's USB audio can be used in tandem with the Firefaces in order to ensure we have TI as a VSTi??

It depends on your DAW and whether it supports multiple audio interfaces. In both Cubase and Live I have the audio from my Snow passing over USB and all other audio arriving over Firewire from a Saffire 40 interface.

In Sonar If we were to open TI as all available outputs, thus giving the Snow audio and I think MIDI tracks to each of the four parts, can then a Multi be used??

No, because you will be in Sequence mode (see the first answer).