Virus TI snow crashing all the fucking time!!!

• I have had enough with your pile of shit virus TI snow crashing with logic 8, ive spent £850 on this pile of shit that doesnt work properly and you expect to just parr me off on this forum with the same old crap and excuses with shit like "oh you need to update the software" "contact customer support" i fucking have done!!!!!!!!!! i have done everything you stupid fucking idiots!!!! so why cant YOU get it right!!!!!!!!! sort it out for fucksake!!!!!!

• no need to get so fired up, Matt

But, I also got alot of problems in regards to Virus Control, it`s slow and it usually makes both Cubase 4/5, Logic 8/9 crash. Got all the newest updates for both DAWs also updated OSX and all hardware I currently use.
    It works ok, but I really think Virus Control needs to improve quite a bit, I love the concept of Total Intergration, too bad it still has some major bugs. Its pretty troublesome when you have to save everytime you do something via the Virus Control in case the DAW goes to shreds..

Dan-Inge

• I spend hours doing updates, adjusting settings on both cubase and the virus ti to get the best out of it. I probably spend more time doing that than music. It is frustrating but the results are amazing if you perservere but I admit Ive wanted to throw the bloody thing at the wall or simply sell it a few times :cursing:

• I Hardly had any snyc issues till I used windows 7 and cubase 5 together with my ti2, im bearing with it as i dont use it professionally until hopefully I find a suitable fix. I am reverting back to windows xp and cubase 3sx to mix anything down through. It still the dogs bollox when it comes to the sound though so however frustrating Im not getting rid of it.

• Had enough of adjusting settings on cubase/ pc, my ti2 just doesnt seem to run smoothly even with cubase 3sx on windows xp. im getting nothing finished as im always adjusting device settings in cubase and usb settings etc to improve the reliability, which isnt really working. Ive returned my ti2 back to the dealer for their testing. Ive never known a synth cause me such trouble with syncing and detune with cubase. Even the pure analogue synths i used in the early 80s with a bog standard sequencer were less trouble. I hope im gonna get some positive feedback saying there is a problem, cos im 100% convinced there is!!!

• Had enough of adjusting settings on cubase/ pc, my ti2 just doesnt seem to run smoothly even with cubase 3sx on windows xp. im getting nothing finished as im always adjusting device settings in cubase and usb settings etc to improve the reliability, which isnt really working. Ive returned my ti2 back to the dealer for their testing. Ive never known a synth cause me such trouble with syncing and detune with cubase. Even the pure analogue synths i used in the early 80s with a bog standard sequencer were less trouble. I hope im gonna get some positive feedback saying there is a problem, cos im 100% convinced there is!!!

i would be really surprised if this turns out to be a hardware problem. you either need to work on your setup or your should return it, maybe it is just not for you. i have a request to your though: stop posting into threads which are dealing with other topics. chances that somebody will spot your post and help you are slim doing so. i've moved this thread into the trouble shooting section for now.

m

• Yes ok no worries. In my defence I did think my problems were related to the other users problems.

I have frustratingly been working on my setup for the past year to fix my problems. Maybe your right it is not for me as its not the user friendly, easy to use synth that it claims to be.

If it is a setup issue I will certainly try to claim my money back. In fact thats a good idea and would certainly resolve any issues I have.

• Yes ok no worries. In my defence I did think my problems were related to the other users problems.

I have frustratingly been working on my setup for the past year to fix my problems. Maybe your right it is not for me as its not the user friendly, easy to use synth that it claims to be.

If it is a setup issue I will certainly try to claim my money back. In fact thats a good idea and would certainly resolve any issues I have.

could you post the support incident numbers opened, i'm sure you were in touch with access support. i would like to have a look at them. i believe that, if the PC is okay and fulfills the basic requirements of an DAW type of computer, we can help you to solve the sync issues.

best, marc

• There were two support numbers but that was the main one.

I believe it was you who did a test with the ti2 connected to laptop running windows 7, 4gb ram 2.2 intel processor - running cubase 5.1.1 and also a mac of the same spec and you said it was a no go on the windows 7 laptop. That was back in february and I dont have the email that you sent back. i dont recall you saying windows 7 was incompatable, just that it was a no go. I can sometimes get the crackles and sync errors to a minimum but they come back after several minutes.

Cheers Chris

• Marc I dont know whether this is related in any way but ive just got cubase sx3 working on windows 7(it wouldnt work with it previously) with other hardware and softsynths and its more stable than ever.

Quantising isnt a problem anymore not like on windows xp, its spot on and audio is perfectly synced. Ive never used my ti2 with windows 7 and cubase sx3 and cant at the minute as its in for testing but this is a good sign that cubase 5.1.1 on windows 7 that may be unstable/ incompatable.

Ill see what the absoulute music dealer verdict is.

I will certainly try this combination with my ti2 when its returned.

If you can find any windows 7 -cubase 5.1.1 and virus Ti2 incompatability issues at your end. Also using audiodriver is asio4all2. Hope this combination is on the way to trouble free virus music making. Fingers crossed :rolleyes: :whistling: :whistling: :?: :?: :?:

• chris, we went through the support tickets assigned to your email address and didn't see a statement indicating a general problem with windows 7. so i guess, there was some kind of misunderstanding. hope your setup will work for you in the future.

for the record, cubase 3 and windows 7 might be not such a good idea because cubase 3 is fairly old and was developed when microsoft had windows XP. this doesn't mean it will not work if course. we haven't found a general problem with cubase 5.x and windows 7.

best, marc

• Ok marc, I will trust you on that one. Id have thought the newer cubase would work better myself too I guess its trial and error again. If sx3 proves more reliable im sticking with it and I hope this is the last posting on the subject.

Thanks again.