Access, please unleash the power of the TI - without the hassle!

• aMUSEd: Well, the problem with that approach is that you lose project recall - ie that patches and settings are saved with the project in the sequencer. Also, are you sure that your suggested approach doesn't kill conventional midi/audio for the TI - as far as I recall, the TI goes into USB mode when running the VST. Will have to check it though.

Fireshark: Thanks for chiming in! Since Access is still developing on VC + the OS, I'm somewhat hopeful. I think the problem is that there's been an assumption that doing midi, audio, everything via USB was the right way to go, but that approach caused issues for some users and made it necessary for Access to try various workarounds (Live-mode, D-buttons, different outputs, etc).
    I'm guessing that users spending thousands of euros/dollars on a TI are quite likely using it for professional/semi-professional purposes - and as such, they (we) probably already have a soundcard and a midi interface.
    By implementing a mode in VC where it works as in standalone, without the USB audio/midi element but with the benefits of VC, they would've come a long way in solving these issues and generally giving their users a much smoother experience. They have a fine UI in VC, so they "just" need to implement that mode within the existing framework.

And at the end of the day, it would ultimately be to their own benefit as well, with fewer support issues, fewer miffed users etc.

So I’m *still* keeping my fingers crossed – but I guess I’ve been doing that for a while now.. :)

• usually virus ti work as a sound card in windows environment
    if your media doesn't play by virus sound card
    you have to change your sound card selection at control pane and make your ti as default sound card
    and when you are using cubase... you have to go device setup->vst audio system as change your audio interface to virus ti

• Access, how about implementing a simple mode that allows us to save and manage our banks and patches via the very nice GUI, but which otherwise allows us to use the TI completely as in stand-alone mode (audio via the audio outputs, midi via the midi ports etc, just as in stand-alone mode).

Yeah,

Agreed, great idea..

Personally I'd see this kind of a thing very welcome.

Most of us do not even want to use the VC, due to all the timing problems (and random pitch drifting etc.) that really should not be there to hinder ones music making..

..and due to the fact, that Virus TI cannot even handle Sysex dumps (..at least yet, this should be fixed Access!..) like the normal synths do, those, like me, willing to use the synth even as in Stand Alone mode, are left with only 14 slots where to store their multi's into.

Also, the VC's editor is so perfectly designed, meaning that the GUI is absolutely perfect for making music, that it would be nice (..and this should be the case..) that people could use that kind of editor, with a setup that is working fluently - without hiccups that is.

Now it might not even need to be a formal apology from Access to the users, but simply allowing the use of VC, without any code that has to do with midi timing/notes sent from the sequencer, or audio data transfer via USB, they would make surely many TI owners happy - who have their Viruses allmost dusting, waiting for a fix to renew their setup..

..simply, make a fastly edited VC version that is simply a librarian, and does not involve any VSTstuff..

Edit:

people could use the Tab+Alt keys to navigate between their program of choice, and the patch editor / VC without VST.

And all would be happy...

..but as said, this would involve an approach from the developer, that had its aim in the overall happiness of their users

• Cubase shows IN 3.9/ OUT 8.277 msec latency when using 128 samples buffer, is this correct ?

With these settings it works kind of ok, setting channel 1-13 to out1 for live use (without the live button and/or green button) + channel 14-16 to usb1-3 for track playback.

It can be ok when not using any hardware synth. But using the VC with higher buffer settings or another asio card is really bad regarding latency, even when using direct out.

It would be also more interesting to be able to use multiple VC, would prefer to use instrument tracks in Cubase.

@ the OP +1 for a MIDI only vsti librarian, at least until this stuff is working the way it should (from a musician's point of view)

• usually virus ti work as a sound card in windows environment
    if your media doesn't play by virus sound card
    you have to change your sound card selection at control pane and make your ti as default sound card
    and when you are using cubase... you have to go device setup->vst audio system as change your audio interface to virus ti

It works! Thanks for your help!!!!! :thumbup:

• It didn't last long using the TI as a soundcard. After 2 days I went back to my RME hdsp.
    Main problems was that it doesn't support hibernating, the latency is still too high and once in a while the VC was lost.

Remind me to stick a candle or something in that usb connector on my TI.

Given the limitations I use mainly my TI2 polar as a midi controller, not a cheap one, but it does the job :whistling:

• For me the best integration would be to have a TI VSTi that connects automatically to the TI for editing, but the sound should be generated by the plug-in. We could use as many instances as needed while still having a hardware synth for live stuff, and all these integration problems would be gone.

IMO the TI is a pretty nice controller, the keys are not noisy like almost all my other synths. It could be enhanced to make it a better controller to work with other vsti but it's already pretty good the way it is now. Except a remote 25 compact, that's the only gear I use with my computer setup, all other gear being in their own room.