More user friendly preset browsing in Virus Control

• If you're using the VC multi-timbral and have a separate patch from different roms on channels 1,
    2, 3, etc - you click back on the first channel it's still the presets from the rom that you browsed last
    (not the bank from which the channel one sound was chosen). It should show the same rom bank that the preset
    was chosen in the first place. Make sense? Sorry, it's kind of hard to explain...

Also would like to be able to do a single click to change presets. Double-clicking is just unnecessary...

• whats even worse is if you use the value + - keys of the unit while in VC, it takes you places unwanted. one needs to be able to use the value+ - keys to change patches also in VC, not only in stand alone.

• Also would like to be able to do a single click to change presets. Double-clicking is just unnecessary...

i disagree, it is a wide spread user interface convention that "touching" an object should execute/open it. but if it helps, move around with the keyboards cursor keys.

Zitat

ou click back on the first channel it's still the presets from the rom that you browsed last (not the bank from which the channel one sound was chosen)

this is because it is a browser and there is only one browser for all parts. it would be rather confusing if the browser would have 16 states, especially if you have one bank which you choose from and you have to re-select it for every part in question.

best, marc

• Maybe you don't understand what I'm trying to say because it actually makes perfect sense in my point of view.
    For instance, I'm browsing lead sounds in channel 1. Then I go to channel 2 to find a bass. But that clears out the
    lead patches that I was just looking at. If I want to go back and continue browsing through the leads where
    I left off, I have to click the category page and select Leads, Page #, etc. It would be easier and speed up workflow
    If I just clicked on channel 1 and i'm right back to the preset page where that patch was selected
    in the first place. Also would help if the second half of the browser page had a category drop down menu as well.
    Make sense?

• Also would like to be able to do a single click to change presets. Double-clicking is just unnecessary...

Not keen on that idea - it would make it harder to move patches around between banks if every time you selected one the preset changed. It does support using the arrow keys on the computer keyboard though (without any click). Arrow buttons in the Control for next/previous presets would be useful though as well.

• I have to disagree with the 'per part' browser view. That would be a practical nightmare - you find something and think that would be great, then you go to the part and whoops you've lost it.

Don't forget that you already have two browser views - so you can effect this pretty well already - leads at the top and basses at the bottom!

• I have to disagree with the 'per part' browser view. That would be a practical nightmare - you find something and think that would be great, then you go to the part and whoops you've lost it.

Don't forget that you already have two browser views - so you can effect this pretty well already - leads at the top and basses at the bottom!

There's a revert feature for going back to a previous patch. :P
    How do you organize basses at the bottom? I don't see a category drop down menu on the bottom part of the browser.

That's fine if you don't want to work this way but that's why we should at least have the option of being able to set it up like this.

• Well the example you gave was having a bank of each, so you'd just choose the appropriate bank at the top on the bottom.

If you don't have your presets organised in this way then you set the category filter to show only bass presets - its up to you.

• That's somewhat silly to suggest using a low screen resolution...

Despite the fact that the digital like font isn't really a joy to read imho the design might be for a 800x600 screen or so and even small for this... So you want me to use my full HD screen running in 800x600?...

I think my point is more likely thinking of a redesign and going for a pixel independent gui that can be scaled without any side effects... :rolleyes:

If VST technology could handle this is another story I do not know. :S

• Resizable VST windows, as I understand it, is either impossible or a nightmare within a nightmare to realise.

They do have to squeeze a lot into a small space so I dont know how they could change the font size without making the library view scrolling which is fiddly in a whole new way. Use the desktop magnifier if you can't read - I used to have it set as a mouse button function once upon a time... then I got a 37" monitor...

• +1 for bigger patch names, those little buggers are definitely hard to read. :)

I'd love a larger GUI for VC too.