Regarding Multi mode not being editable in VCC VSTi. I have an idea.

• From what I gather this is too much of a hassle for Access to implement, though I fail to understand this, and in part because MIDIQUEST TI editor WILL allow you to edit Multis, and as a VSTi.

Whatever the actual reason this "may" not be possible or feasible in VCC VSTi, I may have a solution if Access would go with it.

I suggest A Stand Alone VCC editor that allows you to edit Multis outside of your sequencer, and allow you to save those Multi presets to be called up in VCC VSTi in the SEQ mode but under a different extension (specifically for seq mode) allowing Multis to be pulled up.

OR a Separate VCC VSTi for Multi editing and Multi's ONLY, thus giving the user the option to use a Multi plug in or the standard Single mode one, this separation would "should" eliminate any tech issues by implementing Multi edit mode within the Single only VCC VSTi!

Yes two Separate VCC VSTi's, the current one, and another one for Multi's only,.. thus getting around any technical difficulties implementing Multi editing and call up from the existing VCC VSTi.

This could ALSO mean a rewrite altogether of the VCC VSTi, BUT still keeping the existing one so ones projects stay intact, while being able to use new improved one allowing Multi edit mode for people starting new projects. Shoot me dead if I'm wrong, but I think my ideas are great, and could be utilized to seriously improve TI and make most everyone happy...

Thanx 4 listening!

Erik

How about it Access???

• Many people have been asking for variants on the above since the virus TI was first released. If they haven't done it by now, they probably have a damn good reason to ignore popular demand (whatever that may be?)...

• Seeing that what I purpose is possible, for them to ignore such a basic feature request is really irritating. Whatever their reason is I doubt it is damn good, and if it's a money matter to implement in say TI3, for shame. . . . Unless of course TI and TI2 will have available to them that same software package.

• I guess it's something along the lines of being careful about just how many projects they keep running at the same time, since people's time is limited.

Some people would say that they absolutely should not take on another thing when they should be working on VCC - I can understand if they ignore such contradicting demands from people and do what they were going to do anyway...

• My suggestions, not demands, are not contradictory when they have named it "Total Integration". Though I do understand what you mean. I agree they should not take anything else on until VCC is finally (hopefully) what it "should" be. Or as I suggest, rewrite, or maybe just modify it, and give us an alternate VCC to choose from so existing projects don't get screwed up. The R&D at Access are obviously brilliant programmers to have created the Virus to begin with, I would hope and wish to believe they have the brilliance to go about their future development of VCC with. . . wisdom. I think my idea of a variant VCC is just the ticket, and "probably" the easiest for them, and an excellent segue into a new and improved VCC.

Cheers!

Erik

• i guess when you say VCC you really mean Virus Control. VCC means Virus Control Center, and that's a different application. to answer your initial question, no there are no plans to develop a multi editor or a stand alone version of virus control which allows you to work in parallel to a sequencer application accessing the virus ti at the same time.

best, marc

• Silly me, yes that's what I mean "VC". VC VSTi will work stand alone in Savi or Mini host.

Truly a shame access has no plans to do this. I think I am not alone when I say that, that is a Huge letdown... Oh and to be clear I am referring to no VC mode that will allow call up or editing of Multis,... just seems ridiculous this feature is missing.

Is there a way to import a Multi into Sequencer mode using the hardware? If so can those be brought up in VC?. I have already been informed that 4 parts used in the Snow in VC mode can be saved as Multis

Thanx!

Erik

• ...Is there a way to import a Multi into Sequencer mode using the hardware? If so can those be brought up in VC?. I have already been informed that 4 parts used in the Snow in VC mode can be saved as Multis...Erik

No, sadly not.

It appears multi mode was an afterthought, or rather, a legacy thing. It's irritating for me since thats the mode my virus lives in when i'm actually performing with it...

• I'll second what Marc and AtonyB are saying. The lack of VC for Multis is a big shortcoming for live users. My take on it is that "Total Integration" means integration with DAWs, not with the computer.
    And now I'll quit moaning and do some live music :thumbup:

• I'm not surprised, We are disgusted that VC multi editing is not their for us, it's complex sound design purposes, Thats ok we'll make better ones on our own anyway.
    Also this maybe useful to those who do not know, after creating a multi in your DAW you can save it as an .FXP so that you ca use it again in another project if you wish.

But I am still having a bitch of a time trying to get all 4 parts in my Snow to sound, in Sonar 8, any ideas? anyone? Also has anyone owning a Snow noticed that the headphone output is rather soft? I'm concerned about it, and have gotten the royal run around from Access email support.

Thanx!!

Erik & Chris