create a 6xmono instance of Ti C. in Logic

• why don't you make those mono? hard pan the signal, split the aux channel and there you go. a plug-in always has a fixed layout, in this case 3x stereo. you cannot change that layout later, therefore we figured that offering say, a 2xstereo, 2xmono mode would limit us in the end because it's much harder to create a stereo signal from 2 mono sources.

marc

• Thanks for the info Marc, I suppose I am just ignorant on the whole split the AUX channel part in Cubase. I am unsure how to go about this. I know other plugins, such as Halion, let you choose whether you want Mono or Stereo and it sets up the bus according to your choice so there is no splitting or panning involved, it just works.

• the more outputs you have the more it doesn't matter. with e.g. 10xmono and 5x stereo you get the blend you need. with 3 stereo outs, that's a bit difficult. i wish the whole protocol would allow for dynamic output configurations but it doesn't.

splitting a stereo file into two mono files i find relatively easy. hard pan the outs in the virus (left is one mono channel, right also). create two sends, from the aux output with the hard panned virus signals and send those into preferably two mono channels. think patch bay.

best, marc

• Thanks for the additional info Marc. I will surely look more into what you wrote above and see what I can come up with. Would definitely be sweet to get a little more patches playing simultaneously instead of just 3. When I do Bass I am doing mono anyways, so I waste a potential other output not being used by using a stereo out for a mono signal.

• Unless I'm missing something there is no way to use additional aux's in Logic to split the stereo feed based on the panning inside Ti C. The problem is you cant choose where your send comes from, only whether it's pre or post fader and whether it's post pan........if I could could choose to feed the send from the left or the right channel then this would work.........Were you referring to cubase with this example?

I just realized, maybe you were thinking of Logic 7? Since Logic eight, you can't manually add aux's with instrument outputs as their inputs, you have to choose a multi version of the plugin, and hit the little plus sign on the instrument track to add the auxs, whether you make them mono or not you only get two auxs plus the actual instrument track, so making them mono doesn't really help you isolate anything because you are essentially loosing the other channel (i.e. left or right signal)......

• Zitat

Unless I'm missing something there is no way to use additional aux's in Logic to split the stereo feed based on the panning inside Ti C. The problem is you cant choose where your send comes from, only whether it's pre or post fader and whether it's post pan........if I could could choose to feed the send from the left or the right channel then this would work.........Were you referring to cubase with this example? I just realized, maybe you were thinking of Logic 7? Since Logic eight, you can't manually add aux's with instrument outputs as their inputs, you have to choose a multi version of the plugin, and hit the little plus sign on the instrument track to add the auxs, whether you make them mono or not you only get two auxs plus the actual instrument track, so making them mono doesn't really help you isolate anything because you are essentially loosing the other channel (i.e. left or right signal)......

here's an example for logic 9:

- create stereo channel
    - set output to free aux channel (which will automatically create an aux channel for you)
    - create another aux channel with the same number, so you have two identical ones
    - long click on the stereo icon underneath the meter of the aux channel and change it to either left or right

i've attached an example for logic 9, it doesn't use sends as an insert as mentioned in my original example but as a buss. i've decided that i find this more elegant :)

best, marc

• I'm assuming Cubase doesn't haver a more elegant method? How about uploading an example for us Cubase 5 users to see for ourselves? :love:

Thanks for all the help Marc.

• I'm assuming Cubase doesn't haver a more elegant method? How about uploading an example for us Cubase 5 users to see for ourselves? :love:

Thanks for all the help Marc.

There you go... it's made with Cubase Studio 4.5.2, theoretically it should work with Cubase 5 too, tough i'm not sure whether there may be new features in v5 that might be more suitable for creating such routing.

http://hotfile.com/dl/44215804…TI_-_6_Mono_Outs.zip.html

• hey guys,
    achieving 6 mono-outs in Ableton Live is fairly easy as well, no matter if you use the "External Instrument"-plugin or create separate midi- and audio tracks;
    routing the six (or more) parts within VC either to USB1-3 hard panned or USB1-3 L or R is the same for all sequencers;
    getting those "mono" signals routed, you simply need to drag in the "Utility"-plugin on the desired track and select the respective channel you want to use (keep in mind the "Utility" has to be behind the the "External Instrument" to work);

there is just one trick about USB1 L+R, since you're splitting the output from the VC and won't be able to use the "External Instrument"; here is how it works:
    add one audio and one midi-track (midi routed to VC and the respective part), in the audio-track "Audio From" needs to be set to "Virus TI" - "Pre FX", since you'll have a "Utility" behind the VC; now you can split the VC-output in lets say USB1 L on the VC-track and USB1 R on the other;

i could provide a template-set for Ableton Live 8.1.3 like this and send it to your (marc) email-address, if you want... :thumbup:

best regards, gravity