Logic 9.1.1. 'D' button takes on latency eventually

• Hi Folks,

Running Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with Logic 9.1.1. 32Bit and latest virus beta. Something I have noticed for a while now, also with previous betas / releases is that when switching between the direct analog outs for tracking and then switching back to the usb o/p's, eventually the analog outs take on the same latency as the usb o/p's. As I reload the project, the problem is solved so not a major issue, but none the less annoying. I'm not sure how this is possible but please believe me it does happen all the time! I use an RME FF800 as my main I/O so the TIMK1 is set up as 3out-1in. Any thoughts?

Ta.

• Software monitoring is switched off in Logic. Monitoring straight from the FF800. It works fine but switching between the direct out and usb several times eventually does something odd and latency is introduced to the analog o/ps from the TI.

Cheers.

• When I say latency, I mean a similar (exact!) effect to using a plugin instrument and changing the buffer size of the host from say 256 to 1024 samples. That kind of delay when triggering notes, only on the analog outputs when using the 'D' button within the VC AU. As I said, it does not happen all the time but seems to be something that creeps in after a while. In other words, the function of the 'D' button fails even though the audio is still being routed to the analog outputs! :wacko:

Perhaps it is the MIDI note on being delayed for some reason and has in actual fact got nothing to do with the analog o/ps of the TI?! Just a thought.

Cheers.

• Yes, notes are late. I'm not really sure what Marc meant by negative but I would say they were positive, in a negative kind of way! It works fine most of the time so no big deal. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this when using the 'D' button. :)

Cheers.

• Yes, notes are late. I'm not really sure what Marc meant by negative but I would say they were positive, in a negative kind of way! It works fine most of the time so no big deal. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this when using the 'D' button. :)

Cheers.

I've seen it too, and it seems that restarting the audio engine takes care of it.. go to logic audio preferences, toggle anything off and back on (I pick universal track mode) and hit apply