Upgrading my TI?

• Hey guys,

Got a question regarding upgrading my TI software. I have a TI Desktop, currently with OS version 2.5.1.02 (12-Sep-07). I use Steinberg Cubase SX3 on Windows XP. It is reasonably stable atm, I'm using it integrated, mostly with the sounds using the USB1 & USB2 Outputs. I'm working on an important project atm and have a lot of tracks I'm still working with that use the TI, so I'm concerned about installing an upgrade. I have a few quick questions:
    - If you upgrade to the latest OS, will tracks that were written using the older version still work seamlessly when opened? Will all the samples/patches still be assigned, using the same outputs, etc?
    - I noticed on the site There's either BETA Version OS 4.0.2.01 or RELEASE Version OS 3.3.5.02. Which one would users recommend? What are the main differences here?
    - Does either of these upgrades include more USB outs? That's the main feature I'm after really. I think I once heard talk of it being increased to 3 or 4 USB outputs instead of the 2 I have, but I'm not sure if that happened.
    - Any patches I've installed on the Virus, will they still remain after an upgrade? Or if not, when I reinstall them afterwards, will old tracks that references those patches automatically still be 'connected'?

Any answers or help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    EoN

• I would get recordings of all your tracks first, though - some presets do work slightly (very slightly) different on the new OSs, predominently with polyphony limits, but they also changed some params to be per preset and per note such that legacy presets dont work like they should any more. Particularly presets that tried to link things like patch volume to key tracking, they won't work properly now.

• - If you upgrade to the latest OS, will tracks that were written using the older version still work seamlessly when opened? Will all the samples/patches still be assigned, using the same outputs, etc?

yes

- I noticed on the site There's either BETA Version OS 4.0.2.01 or RELEASE Version OS 3.3.5.02. Which one would users recommend? What are the main differences here?

The current 4.0.5.01 release version, right now available.

- Does either of these upgrades include more USB outs? That's the main feature I'm after really. I think I once heard talk of it being increased to 3 or 4 USB outputs instead of the 2 I have, but I'm not sure if that happened.

3 USB Outs.

- Any patches I've installed on the Virus, will they still remain after an upgrade? Or if not, when I reinstall them afterwards, will old tracks that references those patches automatically still be 'connected'?

The RAM content is untouched. If you are using Virus Control, all patches are stored in the song, apart from that, some ROM banks are added, but not modified.

hth
    -timo