Call me noob

• lol, hiya all,

im all very new to this hardware stuff and for now have just been using presets on the virus. now there just not what im looking for...

could any 1 piont me in the right direction for learning how to program the thing and to make my own sounds?

best regards.

• hey,
    there is a tutorial in your Virus TI documentation called "Programming Analogue Synths", or maybe you have even a printed version, too; working yourself into this is a good start and should teach you some subtractive synthesis basics;
    best regards, gravity

• Aside from that you need to just run through your favourite presets on the virus and pick them apart to see what makes them tick - that's how i started to learn. True the patches for the new features are a bit thin on the ground, but there is plenty to get you started.

Of course, if there is a particular sound you are trying to emulate then the people here are usually more than willing to help and make suggestions. You can't break it by moving the controls so just tweak em and see what happens.

• there is a tutorial in your Virus TI documentation called "Programming Analogue Synths", or ma

Thanks dude, had to look long and hard just to find it again but will give it a good read :)

Aside from that you need to just run through your favourite presets on the virus and pick them apart to see what makes them tick - that's how i started to learn. True the patches for the new features are a bit thin on the ground, but there is plenty to get you started.

Of course, if there is a particular sound you are trying to emulate then the people here are usually more than willing to help and make suggestions. You can't break it by moving the controls so just tweak em and see what happens.

Will do dude, but in a way im looking to brake it... not physicly of couse just to get out of those presets and get some really good raw sounds ;)

• Hey,

I was in the same boat when I got my first virus back in 2007, I produce trance, first thing I did was flick through a fair amount of presets to see if there were any presets I liked for future reference, but there weren't enough that really took my fancy. It seems daunting having to learn what every knob and button does at first, but keep tweakin and experimenting, it will slowly begin to make sense and you will begin to enjoy the synth more and realise its power and flexibility, start off slow, and simple, disect your fave presets, see what that knob does and this button does and it will all become clear in time, I'm still learning things about mine everyday, theres nothing better than being able to make your productions unique with your own created sounds!!! :)

Start off with the simple waveforms, spend time experimenting on each section (OSC, Filters, etc etc) before moving onto the next section :)

SJR

• !!Well said that man SJR !! Its all at your finger tips. take it as deep as you can handle and sometimes just a little bit more. you'll be supprised at what you can produce.
    And don't forget if your names not VINCE CLARK we're all nooooobs LOL