Virus TI OS 4.0.5.01 has been released

• About TIOS 4.0.5
    Resolved issues, refinements and new features:

IN: 64-bit Windows Installer now includes RTAS Plug-In
    VC: Cursor keys not working correctly in VC Patch Browser in Logic Pro (fixed)
    VC: VST3 automation not always working after loading project (fixed)
    VC: invalid output configuration window opening multiple times (fixed)
    HI: Enhanced response of User Interface, especially on Snow
    VC: Partly rewritten synchronization engine
    UM: Virus TI Setup Guide included

Known issues:

Graphic Performance under Windows 7 needs fine tuning.
    Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase. The VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment.

Download OS 4.0.5.01
    Download Virus TI Setup Guide

• Thanks a ton for the update Marc. I can confirm that my two biggest gripes about OS4 have finally been fixed. Though it may be too early to tell, I did see automation listings when loading a project which in the past would 'sometimes' have no automation parameters listed in the automation lanes.

Secondly, I can finally load projects which contain the Virus without having to turn the Virus itself on in fear of being spammed by hundreds of output configuration error messages all over my screen. A single pop up occurs and it doesn't get in the way or bring my project to a halt.

Very glad to see this update. I am surprised however that the 'fine tuning of the GUI in Windows 7' is still not fixed, how much longer approximately?

• [...] Very glad to see this update. I am surprised however that the 'fine tuning of the GUI in Windows 7' is still not fixed, how much longer approximately?

I'd love to know that too, the GUI and the continuous BSoDs are problems that make using my Virus extremely exhausting, everything's slow and sluggish, and then it's a 3 in 5 chance that the system crashes when shutting the Virus down... the fun is finally gone :/

• I'd love to know that too, the GUI and the continuous BSoDs are problems that make using my Virus extremely exhausting, everything's slow and sluggish, and then it's a 3 in 5 chance that the system crashes when shutting the Virus down... the fun is finally gone :/

BSDO should not happen frequently and we are unaware of an issue which happens while shutting down the virus. access support might be able to assist you locating the problem. as for the windows 7 GUI issue, we are working on this but it unfortunately takes time since we have to re-do a lot of code in order to make use of the graphics acceleration in windows 7. basically virus control was optimised for the way XP and vista were dealing with graphics, windows 7 does it differently and we need to adopt that.

best, marc

• It's related to the MIDI driver, and you've mentioned that it's a know problem: http://www.access-music.de/forum/index.p…D=7066#post7066 Are there any news on this one so that the Access support would now be able to do anything about it?

the problem i'm mentioning there is exclusive to updating the virus and removing the old driver. when you shut down the virus, windows doesn't un-install the driver.

best, marc

• Not sure if this was the same before?

Parameter feedback to VC from Ti knobs shows movement of knobs but does not show parameter numeric value change in text info window. Filter cutoff does show value in numeric values but only in the filter graph view.

A simple mouse rollover of theVC parameter does show the numeric value which is a fine workaround.

Thanks

spanda

Logic 9.1.1
    SL 10.6.3

• Probably a stupid question but will an OS update reset all patches (including custom patches) to their factory settings ?

Thanks,

Guy

• [quote='Fringe',index.php?page=Thread&postID=7749#post7749][...] and then it's a 3 in 5 chance that the system crashes when shutting the Virus down... the fun is finally gone :/

I change my sound card from a little maudio 2496 to a real one: RME HDSP9632
    With the Maudio I had crash when powering off the virus... very strange and so disapointting ...
    but now with the same computer/OS (just with the new sound card, nothing else change!) now I have no more crash (no bleu screen, yeahh!!!) the problem seems to concern sound driver? asio?

same thing about project exportation (mixdown) => no more disk alarm or click in cubase sx
    I can play the TI by usb < 1ms latency, incredible!
    I have again some little tempo sync problems but it seems to be normal because only when I start playing track directly on a note someplace else the tempo grid

PS: I don't try the new OS4 for the momment, but thanks for it!

• I know I certainly used to have a problem (I haven't tried to make it happen on the new driver/OS) if I closed FL Studio with the VC VST still loaded - ie i didn't delete the VST before closing FL.

If I didn't delete it and closed FL then the virus would remain in the usb mode that it goes in when you load the VST. If I put the virus in standby or pulled out the USB or power while this was the case then the pc would BSoD - I think sometimes the same would happen even if the virus wasn't stuck in this mode (the rarity of this one makes it hard to say under what precise conditions it did it).

I will have to try and provoke it soon to see if it will still do it...

• Installation was successful. Though, when I open Virus TI(snow) VST I get a wired sound and then... I can't do anything...
    well yeah, play with parameters and stuff but can't make a sound.

did anyone else get this problem?

• BUG REPORTS

System:
    Win Vista 32 bit
    Ableton 8.1
    Virus TI Snow OS 4.05.01

Sync Issues:

Virus Control has a high chance for red sync error upon clock start within Ableton by triggering a clip to play.
    Virus Control has a high chance for red sync error upon receiving bank/program change messages.
    Virus Control momentarily loses sync, but with no red error, when expanding/contracting track groups within Ableton.
    Virus outputs occasional pops and other artifacts during playback within Ableton.
    128 sample + safety buffer does not output sound.

None of these issues existed for me on the same system with beta 4.02.01.

• Anyone else experiencing arpeggio sync problems when playing a loaded patch for the first time? It's stumbling like some drunken guy, and after a few seconds it finally syncs, and then works fine until the patch or the project is reloaded. Also it happens only when playing, not when recording...

Win 7 x64
    Cubase Studio 4.5.2 x86
    TI2