Virus TI OS 4.0.5.01 has been released

• It works like a charm, response to hardware controls is now really fast again, it solved the graphical quirks on windows (the ones where the label for distortion and frequency shifter would disappear) and VC loads faster.
    It took a while to install it (I think it needed almost 15 minutes? I can't remember well, installed it right after it came out, but I felt it took really long compared to ohter updates) but it was worth it.

Now I think it only lacks better Win 7 graphical APIs integration but I'm sure it will turn out well.

A little "bug": when switching patches using the VALUE +- button on the hardware, the screen sometimes switches between the new and the old (doing "new -> old -> new" once) really really fast.

• Anyone else experiencing arpeggio sync problems when playing a loaded patch for the first time? It's stumbling like some drunken guy, and after a few seconds it finally syncs, and then works fine until the patch or the project is reloaded. Also it happens only when playing, not when recording...

Win 7 x64
    Cubase Studio 4.5.2 x86
    TI2

Is this with or without live mode enabled?

• Is value wrapping working for anyone else with this release? Is that setting only pertinent to a few parameters I've just missed so far?

Logo Groove seems to be dead too, doesn't light up at all. Tried a reset already as well, no dice.

• Found another quirk. The demosong no more plays correctly (like it has some polyphony/voice stealing issues) - It always worked perfectly with any other OS I had installed, e.g. it sounded perfectly like the one you can listen to in the website player.
    My demosong now sounds like this -> TI2Demosong.mp3. The voice dropping is worse after the first 30 seconds.

• Found a minor glitch that appeared since I updated to 4.0.5.01. The previous version I had, 4.0.2.01, did not have this bug.
    In Sequencer mode, when I scroll through banks or patches using +/- keys, the display sometimes shows the new patch for a very short time, then shows the previously showing patch, then, after nearly 1s, finally shows the new patch again and sticks to it.
    It should be easy to reproduce : I'm using 4.0.5.0.01 version of the software, USB cable is plugged but Virus Control is not launched, and there are no incoming MIDI messages (there's no sign in the bottom right corner). It seems to happen less in Single mode.

• Found a minor glitch that appeared since I updated to 4.0.5.01. The previous version I had, 4.0.2.01, did not have this bug.
    In Sequencer mode, when I scroll through banks or patches using +/- keys, the display sometimes shows the new patch for a very short time, then shows the previously showing patch, then, after nearly 1s, finally shows the new patch again and sticks to it.
    It should be easy to reproduce : I'm using 4.0.5.0.01 version of the software, USB cable is plugged but Virus Control is not launched, and there are no incoming MIDI messages (there's no sign in the bottom right corner). It seems to happen less in Single mode.

Virus TI OS 4.0.5.01 has been released <- this bug?

• bugs for me so far:

*In VC, all 3 lfo's rate knob's 'gray out' when set to clock and rate is turned fully up........... Hardware is ok, and moving the lfo rate on the box will wake up the grayed out rate knob in VC! something to do with ?>

- HI: LFO clock divider values are sorted in a more musical fashion..... edit ( not in VC ) !!

*Bank changes from ableton dont work properly no more for me. ( very similar to bug in O.S 3.0 beta that caused over-writing existing patches.. :cursing: ) Patch loads correctly but in the wrong bank !! When an ableton clip is launched that contains a bank change, the virus doesn't switch banks. It stays in its current bank for that part. Although two start/stops from ableton will fix........ 8|

*I get the pissey eyeballed ARP on start of clips sometimes.......

Virus Ti desktop
    Win XP
    Ableton 6

• also....

when filters set to split mode, saturation only works on one side...... pretty sure thats a new one.

what happened to input ringmod?! tis gone?????

what happened to global softknob???? is he having coffee with input ringmod?

• Saturation has always been after filter 1 as far as i know. The filters' stereo field is controlled by unison detune.

• yeah thanks......... I'm like der :wacko::wacko:

i never noticed the routing display in the gui showed which filter had the saturation..

i always presumed serial routing worked with saturation after filter one , and parallel and split worked with saturation on both filters......

..........by the looks of the little pic in the gui the parallel mode is supposed to have saturation for both filters????? what do i miss? cause its not so...

• Ok I am confused I see 2 people mention its working great on XP SP3 32 bit, I thought this was only for 64 bit OS's. It will not install on my XP SP3 32 bit..
    Are you two talking about the earlier OS4, or am I missing something?

Cheers!

Chris

You're missing the right installer for your OS :)
    You can find it here http://www.access-music.de/pag…hes_for_the_virus_ti.html
    Select "Virus TI Series", then "Software Installer Release Version" and on the third place in the list there's the file you need: Virus TI Installer 4.0.5.01 for Windows 32 bit.

• http://yfrog.com/6bfilterp

Thank you SOOOO much Roby31!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::!:

Happy to have helped

• so is Parallel mode saturation supposed to be on both filters like in the pic on the gui or what?????????

EDIT: I had not read the question properly. The saturation in parallel mode should again be after filter 1 only but I'm not 101% sure.

• Hi, is this release compatible with Snow Leopard in 64bit mode? I have recently bought Logic 9 and would like to run it in 64bit mode and will be getting an Apogee One for my audio interface. So will the VC plugin work with this setup?

I heard there was a beta for 64bit OS X, TIOS 3.3.0.00 Public Beta. I cant find this available for download right now, but found this in your public beta section 4.0.2.01 for MacOS X
    http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=372

All I want to know is if there is a beta or final release that works with Snow Leopard 64bit mode and if so which one should I download?