cannot install new update :(

• the installation fails. I just tried it serveral times... in the first moment everything looks fine, but at a specific point it starts rolling back everything.
    Thats it.

Two times i just got a bluescreen during installation. I dunno what's up with that... Even the Update before the actual wasn't working for me. I had a running project, which had to be done before updating, so i didn't care too much. But now i'm done, wanting to update... :/

p.s. TI works fine with my actual version...

Specs:
    Virus TI (1)
    Cubase 5 (newest version 5.x)
    Windows 7 64-bit

• Have you tried uninstalling first - and making sure that you don't plug the virus in until you have to. I had a similar problem with a previous version, the problem is I don't quite remember how i got round it - but I did!

• Have you tried uninstalling first - and making sure that you don't plug the virus in until you have to. I had a similar problem with a previous version, the problem is I don't quite remember how i got round it - but I did!

I tried to, but it didn't show up in the software-deinstallation list... so I actually didn't deinstall it. :/

• Hmm sounds like either the new installer has had it's way with the uninstaller or it was always that way - maybe you should try running the installer that worked (ie the old version) and see where that gets you... If anywhere...

• nevermind, i just solved on my own :)

if somebody is running into the same problem:

I had to not only deinstall the suite with the deinstaller, I also had to remove the backupped drivers in the WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder manually. At least they were easy to recognize :)
    To actually delete them you have to set you as owner of those files (properties) and get yourself the rights to delete it.

I think the problem was, that in this particular moment i turned the TI on (during the install), Windows already tried to install the old drivers automatically (from this "FileRepository"-Folder).

Now my installation finished without any issue :)
    However, thanks for your fast response!

• can u mention the driver files u removed?

dosent seem to work here

I don't remember the exact foldernames but there should be 3 folders in total. (one for virus ti usbdriver, virus ti mididriver and one for the device-drivers)
    Just search for folders containing "vti" or "ti".

If you're not sure:
    Browse into it and open the .inf-file with a texteditor... if there's something like "Virus TI bla" inside -> delete the folder :)

• can u mention the driver files u removed?

dosent seem to work here

On each of the folders you have to go to properties> security> advanced> owner and change your account to be the owner. Then properties>security>edit and give your account full control

For me they were located in: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

and started with virususb and vti

I just had a 100% successful update after doing this on windows 7 x64.. first time ever. I usually get BSOD

• hello freigeist!

i have the same problem: always "running back changes..." error message :(
    i'm also running my ti on win7 64 and tried to install with your issue.
    i deleted the drivers in the filepropository folder, deinstalled my old ti software and turned on my virus when the installer want's it
    but the update don't work. please can you tell me what i'm doing wrong?

• you deleted all three folders which contain midi-, audio- & devicedrivers? - only asking just to be sure. :)

in addition to that you could try to connect your TI after deinstalling everything.
    if your operating system recognizes your TI as "Virus TI bla" followed by "Device can be used now", then there is still a driver within your OS.
    If your OS just keeps the device as (maybe) "Virus TI" followed by "no matching drivers found/driver missing"-dialog, then you can be at least sure that there isn't something disturbing the installation process (in terms of old drivers).

This was the solution for me.
    Which doesn't mean there couldn't be hundreds of other issues which break down the installation (maybe in your case)

However, just contact the access support. :)

• thanks for answering so fast ;)
    yes, i deleted all drivers in the filepropository folder. i think there were 7 folders with "virus" or "vti" names.
    ok thats a good idea to reconnect it after uninstalling all drivers and software! i will try it out in the evening!

• yeah update works now!
    the only thing i forgot was to deinstall the usb driver in windows hardware manager.
    then i reconnected the virus and windows wants to install the driver like u said.
    new update works fine on win7 64, thanks to freigeist & access!