Panic button to reset patch (TOOL)

• When tweaking knobs live. It would be a great feature to use the panic button to reset all knobs to original patch levels after you got way to insane on the knobs :D
    Instead of cutting notes. It's fast... and this way your sound will get back in the mix like it was before :) by a simple click :)

This would be a very useful TOOL on stage. Don't you think Access?

• switching to another preset and back again resets the patch with two clicks. doesn't mean your idea is bad though.

best, marc

I know :) But take for example a Trancy Acid loop is playing with ARP or via Sequencer. And (for example) you start tweaking some knobs like Delay time or Filter Decay or Filter cutoff or Freq shifter... to lift up or lift down the music or something like that...
    And when all knobs are far far away from original point. Throwing it back in or out with a simple click.

I know Virus remembers the original knob value, because it is shown in the screen when you start tweaking like [55] or something :) This also was a great idea to tweak it back to original position. But that's just another effect you see?

I'll give another simple example: cut the smoothly away like with lo pass filter (silence) ... and 1, 2, 3, 4 BANG back in like it was :P

There would be a ton of effect possibility's possible

And Maybe it could be arranged that in config menu there is an option to choose how panic button will respond: 'cutting notes' ot 'reset to patch default'

And last but not least. In some kind of way it is a sort of panic option too. Because when tweaking something to much with to much knobs and you can't get the sound back as it was in time. You start to panic :D just click and everything sounds as normal :thumbup:

Just trying to sell it to you, Marc ;)

• This is one of the best things about the Elektron Machinedrum, you can revert to the stored sounds with quick button press. Would love to see this on the TI.

• i.e. it doesn't instantly revert the controls - they take time to get back to the original settings and you can set that to instant or a long time (like portamento). Perhaps we are even wandering into an A-B fade type setup, even...

• i.e. it doesn't instantly revert the controls - they take time to get back to the original settings and you can set that to instant or a long time (like portamento). Perhaps we are even wandering into an A-B fade type setup, even...

Yes... good idea... a sort of portamento or glide function... lets call it the ''smootness'' degree :P

• Really it would be great idea...

Because every time I tweak cutoff with a higher resonance. I cannot bring it instantly to the perfect digit number thats on the screen (with the original value)

At a higher resonance the cutoff point could be set to a specific frequency which gives that specific colour... A good reason to install this function. Click and bang perfect back on the hotspot :P

• When tweaking knobs live. It would be a great feature to use the panic button to reset all knobs to original patch levels after you got way to insane on the knobs :D
    Instead of cutting notes. It's fast... and this way your sound will get back in the mix like it was before :) by a simple click :)

This would be a very useful TOOL on stage. Don't you think Access?

Resurrecting this old thread because I'm a new Virus Ti2 Keyboard owner and I'm really surprised to find there is no way to reset the changes you've made to a preset, without swapping to another preset and back.

My preference would be to have the preset revert to the original settings by pressing the Exit key (to the left of the LCD display) a given number of times.