Virus TI Snow, Very low volume on headphone jack. Please help.

• Our Virus TI Snow, has very low volume on the headphone jack. (Same volume on the other mono jack)
    Is this normal for the Snow? Using any set of headphones sound very soft, even our Pro Grade AKG's.
    At half volume depending on the patch you hear very little. At full volume it's not much better, certain patches are easier to hear due to their programming, but mostly not loud enough.
    Our iPod Nano goes much louder w/ no headphone amp. Also our Triton Extreme, JV-2080, and Fire Face 800 all go much louder than the Snow.

I contacted Access email support, and that proved useless, this guy was either not listening to me, or was too stubborn to admit that the Snow's are indeed not very loud with out an amp. It "may' even be because it does not have a dedicated headphone jack. Snow users PLEASE help.

A Great Many Thanks In Advance

Chris & Erik

• I don't think there are any ouput controls like the input ones... I guess you need some other snow users to pipe up.

You should mention it to Access support, anyway. They may suggest something or a way of confirming either way...

• Correct there are no controls like the input jacks have, I did contact them via email twice, and the guy I dealt with, though I was VERY polite and courteous practically disregarded my concern with an attitude of, "you are small people go away, and bother me not again" Yes Snow users PLEASE let us know how the volume with your headphones plugged directly in are.

Thanx!!!

Chris & Erik

• Correct there are no controls like the input jacks have, I did contact them via email twice, and the guy I dealt with, though I was VERY polite and courteous practically disregarded my concern with an attitude of, "you are small people go away, and bother me not again" Yes Snow users PLEASE let us know how the volume with your headphones plugged directly in are.

Thanx!!!

Chris & Erik

That doesn't sound like access support to me at all...

What are you using to control the virus?

• Well that was my unfortunate experience, I may have gotten a decent response if it had been someone else that got our support request email, also on Cakewalk forums I have heard a few complaints about email support... either way it doesn't matter, and what difference could it possibly make as to what I am using to control the Virus, when this is an audio concern?

Just the same an M-Audio Axiom 25, and Korg Triton EXT 88 fitted with a brand new RH3 key bed, and I have also used a Korg MS-20 controller. Oh and Sonar's Piano roll. (edit) aswell as the Snow's audition button.

Cheers!!

• The difference is that you could be inadvertently sending midi volume messages from an expression pedal or fader or something and thus causing the volume problems. Heh, from your tone I begin to see why the email support may have been short with you.

• He wasn't short with me, just stubborn, and acted as though nothing could ever go wrong w/ an Access product. Just the same I didn't even think you were referring to MIDI, I already checked that possibility. It didn't occur to me that's what you were talking about, so there was no tone, I was just puzzled. But really to make assumptions such as you have that no one at Access could be imperfect, as if Access is one person, and that assumption I had a tone with him, is just a bit much. And anyway I am looking for Snow users to find answers, but just the same thanks for your attempt at helping me out!

Cheers!!