Problem Installing 4.0.5 Release(XP 32Bit)

• Hello,
    I'm having real problems trying to update my Virus to the new 4.0.5 Release on my TI Snow.
    When i run the "Virus TI Software Installer.msi" it hangs on the first screen. The "Back" and "Next" buttons are grayed out and when I press the cancel key (after waiting for ages), the computer just freezes and I cannot shutdown Windows XP without hitting the reset button.

I tried to uninstall the previous version (4.0.0.18 Beta) and the uninstaller for the "Virus Ti Software Suite" acts exactly the same. It just hangs on the first screen...no next button access, etc. The computer freezes again when I cancel and needs a physical reset to reboot.

I've never had a problem in the past, having installed 3-4 updates since owning my Snow.

To summarize: I cannot install the new 4.05 release and I cannot uninstall the previous 4.0.0.18 version.
    I'm using Windows XP Pro 32Bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Anyone have any suggestions to remedy this???

Thanks.

Never heard of such a thing. On startup, the installer tries to determine the folder where VST plugins should be installed (among other things). Maybe there is something corrupt on your harddrive and/or the filesystem (vague guess). To tell for sure, you should do this:

• Place the installer MSI on your desktop
    • Run the commandline "cmd.exe"
    • type "cd desktop" and press enter
    • type
      Code
      msiexec /i "Virus TI Software Installer.msi" /l* install.log

(don't type the '1')

• send an issue report including the "install.log" file to the access support

Then we can try to work it out.

cu
    -timo

• Thanks Timo,
    I did what you suggested and this is what the log file created before it froze up:

EDIT:

Have you tried installing the 4.0.2 version first?

I've tried installing the 4.02 version and it behaves in EXACTLY the same way...it just freezes on the first setup screen.

Any thoughts?

• I contacted support for help with this issue twice, but they don't seem to respond to my request for assistance. ?(
    Can i perform a manual un-install of the existing drivers and software?

Can anyone help me with this? I'm stuck at version 4.0.0.18 unless someone can help me with this.

Thanks

• I contacted support for help with this issue twice, but they don't seem to respond to my request for assistance. ?(
    Can i perform a manual un-install of the existing drivers and software?

Can anyone help me with this? I'm stuck at version 4.0.0.18 unless someone can help me with this.

Thanks

First, check your spam filter for the messages from the access helpdesk.
    Second, you could post the issue ID you have got after your support request, so we can take a look.

Regarding uninstallation: Go to the "Add or remove Programs" control panel (on Windows 7 it's called "Uninstall Programs") and remove it from there. Leave the Virus disconnected until the new installations says to connect it.

-timo

• First, check your spam filter for the messages from the access helpdesk.
    Second, you could post the issue ID you have got after your support request, so we can take a look.

Regarding uninstallation: Go to the "Add or remove Programs" control panel (on Windows 7 it's called "Uninstall Programs") and remove it from there. Leave the Virus disconnected until the new installations says to connect it.

-timo

Thanks Timo.

The messages from Access Music Customer support are NOT getting blocked by my spam filters, as I received notification and a support ticket via email.
    1st Support ID: SI00014636
    2nd support ID: SI00014723

As I said in my previous posts, I cannot uninstall the existing software v4.0.0.18. When I run the un-installer, it hangs in exactly the same way as the installer for the new version does. The computer becomes unresponsive and I have to re-boot the PC using the reset button (Windows refuses to shut down normally after attempting to install or uninstall the Virus software)

I am stuck at v 4.0.0.18....I cannot uninstall the old version and cannot install the new v4.0.5 software. I've tried using all combination's of plugged in/switched on/off, etc.......