Sound difference between usb and analog out?

• I guess it's because Access makes unclear statements about some things that make people suspicious what might be hidden. Even if the sound is great people expect some numbers they think are a must nowadays - but are very probably not there...

• I use the Virus Ti 2 Desktop with a RME Fireface 800, and if i use the analog out's it sound's so much brighter and i mean it sounds like its the VIRUS is one STEROIEDS.

But i guess it doesn’t matter what way you do it since, when you do your finale mix and get the project mastered every channel will sound bright.

So once again its all down to personal preference.

;)

• Why dont u show us some samples of the difference using the same patch? because without any evidence its just rumors :)

• Why dont u show us some samples of the difference using the same patch? because without any evidence its just rumors :)

it's not rumors my friend

because A/D converter in virus analog output use 192khz
    so when you record the sound as 192khz the sound much clear than lower freq
    but [color=#NaN800c] ray is right in the final mix you have to back 44.1 standard quality and it's depends on your reference mix.. [/color]

[color=#NaN800c]
    [/color]

• I guess it's because Access makes unclear statements about some things that make people suspicious what might be hidden. Even if the sound is great people expect some numbers they think are a must nowadays - but are very probably not there...

Oh, conspiracy again. :rolleyes:

Look, to shorten the thread: the sound generated is exactly the same but what can affect the sound is the difference between the converters (the Virus vs. your Soundcard). Also, some hosts to post processing by itself (like dithering the output to gain some loudness). Additionally, volume differences can lead you into the wrong direction, also mixers do affect the sound as well as the characteristics of your speakers.

All the _other_ factors are way larger affecting the sound than the Virus analog outputs vs. the USB transmission.

Regarding numbers: We are constantly improving things, giving you a number about something to a certain point in time which can be obsolete a few weeks later is counterproductive. Usually they get interpreted in a partially wrong way (like this discussion).

-timo

• OK i tried to do a sample test for every one and guess what i cant export audio using the analog outs ahhhhhhhhhh,

and i cant record the audio channels either, the only thing that works is the USB outs when i bounce down the audio.

My system is PC,Xp service pack 3
    Cubases, with update so its 4.5.2
    Virus Ti2 desktop OS
    RME Fireface 800

if i some how manage to get it working ill send the audio samples.

The only thing i found funny is that if i choose to use the analog outs in a project, there is no point exporting it or even using the analog outs since the audio channels will not show in the finale mix,

So back to USB audio to me but i did do level checks and they both seem to be the same, go figure

i guess its all in our heads after all lol

• OK i tried to do a sample test for every one and guess what i cant export audio using the analog outs ahhhhhhhhhh,

and i cant record the audio channels either, the only thing that works is the USB outs when i bounce down the audio.

I'm not sure what you would have expected? Of course bouncing ("exporting audio") does only work via USB.
    If you set a part to "analog out", audio goes to analog out. You need then to connect the analog output to the analog inputs of your soundcard, bringing those A/D converters into the game as well (so another variable influencing the 'sound').

cu
    -timo

• Zitat

I'm not sure what you would have expected? Of course bouncing ("exporting audio") does only work via USB.
    If you set a part to "analog out", audio goes to analog out. You need then to connect the analog output to the analog inputs of your soundcard, bringing those A/D converters into the game as well (so another variable influencing the 'sound').

cu
    -timo

Thanks for the quick response Timo

But, of course i had my Analog outs of my Virus Ti in to the in puts of my sounds card man, how on earth do you think i had sound going in to Cubase..

Im not some new kid on the block with a new toy man.

Like i said, once i figure out why its not recording properly ill send out a demo.

• What if you're at 96khz and using the plugin w/ usb outs?