Atomiser: first timer - close but no cigar

• Hey guys,

I finally got myself a Motu UltraLite so I've got enough inputs and outputs to play with Atomiser.

I use FL Studio and here's where I'm out

I have a (muted) Mixer Channel to "Sent to Atomiser" .. goes out via Analog 1-2
    I have a Mixer Channel to "Recieve from Atomiser" ... comes back via 3-4

This works ... I can send out a repeating drum loop and hear it come back

To prove it's working - If I load up an "Input patch" from the "Vocoder and Input patches" default, my drumloop is nicely high/low passed ... and I can tweek with cutoff etc ... so I know the chain is working.

So I load an Atomiser patch ... I still hear the loop and I play a few notes ... it's basically then turns into a horrible sound .. sometimes .. occassionally it sounds glitchy and 'ok' but most of the time it silences the loop or makes a very loud DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR stutter sound ... not pleasant. There seems no consistency etc.

Am I missing the point ? I thought Atomiser (pleasantly) destructed beats etc.

Any help appreciated - i'm going back the manual in the meantime :)

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• So I load an Atomiser patch ... I still hear the loop and I play a few notes ... it's basically then turns into a horrible sound .. sometimes .. occassionally it sounds glitchy and 'ok' but most of the time it silences the loop or makes a very loud DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR stutter sound ... not pleasant. There seems no consistency etc.

Hi,

You may need to check your keyboards wheels,I have not used the atomizer in a year or so but I think you had to have the mod wheel in the middle to hear just the loop.,and lower or raise it to hear the input continuing.Basically using the mod wheel for dry/wet mix.If I am wrong please correct me,thanks.

• Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

It was actually 'my bad' ... for some reason, in my FL Studio setup, I had the VST3 version - which is basically 'bad' in FL Studio ... the whole Virus was going mental. Not sure how that slipped back in.

All I had to do was change back the old VST wrapper/plugin and everything worked ... just been playing for 20 mins and getting my head around it ... lots of fun to be had here ... !

God, I'm happy at last ... finally with my new Motu interface I can use all my new toys ... next stop ... vocoder :)

Thanks for caring mate ... have a great day,

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B