ARP IMPROVEMENTS

• High!..ive been thinking about it and i really miss 2 things in the arpeggiator section...
    First , is the glide/slide between steps...which is very useful....and
    Second...

I think would be really nice if the arp section have a tranpose function....you can change the velocity, the step lenght...but theres not a tranpose option, to adjust steps semitones individually...ive noticed, that the locked arps that came with the virus, are melodic, as if u play just one note on the keyboard..it plays a melody alone...but in the user pattern, this is not possible...(sylenth have both features im asking for)so it would be really nice, if there was a pitch/tranpose option in each step..to create melodic arps....

It this possible?

I missed also adressing the release to a soft knob in a patch i made...why cant do that?

• One cool workaround is to make a user arp that is more then 1 octive and then use a S&H LFO that is clocked 1/1 or larger and then set it to modulate Portamento. This will create some cool "gliding" acid arps! :P

• For glide: set the step length of the step you want to glide so that it touches the next step- than the glide setting will do the trick;
    For the pitch: set the velocity to control the pitch or transpose or whatever (cutoff, resonance) and then experiment with different velocity values for your steps.
    We could use a 16step step-sequencer but for now it isn't there and we need to find ways around it.

For your softknob question, there is a hardware knob for that purpose, so there's no destination for it. You'll have to set the softknob to some internal controller (like #13) and assign that controller in the mod matrix: this way you can also restrict the excursion of the parameter.

• High!..ive been thinking about it and i really miss 2 things in the arpeggiator section...
    First , is the glide/slide between steps...which is very useful....

please improve the step sequencer/arp-to matrix editing because the shapes are limited to horizontal lines. The following solution would solve all of these arpeggiator complaints: what yoiu are about to see is a flexible pattern envelope/sequencer with curve selectors and shape selectors - possible per any step! - here is the pic. please make the virus arpegiator have flexible sculpting like this. at least for the matrix.

http://s736.photobucket.com/al…rent=MassiveEnvelope1.jpg