• any one remember when they doubled the memory of the virus b
    they dumped the demo tune and doubled the patch banks
    im thinking that they might do the same with the ti and give ys a few meg sample ram
    but i also talk a lot of shite as well

• Zitat

it's possible to create a drum kit (with analog sounds - tr808-909) in multimode and playing it by a sequencer daw like cubase5?

sure it is possible, and when using VC it's done fairly easy, you just load up the drum patches per part and trigger them from individual midi tracks;
    i'd recommend to route your outputs to mono channels, so you can apply separate eq, comp or fx in your daw;
    a discussion about mono routing can be found here:
    http://access-music.de/forum/i…page=Thread&threadID=1458
    however, just for avoiding fluctuations in the sounds, and to have the beats all in one midi file, i'd sample the sounds from the virus and play them in a (drum-/) sampler;
    in terms of synthesis, the virus is pretty powerful for drum sounds; just check out the wide selection you get in the factory banks plus the ones from the website;
    if you have a more specific demand, you still can create your own and see how close you get to your 808-909 reference;
    best regards, gravity

• hi
    many thanks for your answer
    - for gravity: i would want to create a drum kit in multimode no a sound for part. I have a Snow with only 4 part so i have limited possibility to move.
    Excuse for my no-perfect english, i'm from italy.
    best regards

• hi
    many thanks for your answer
    - for gravity: i would want to create a drum kit in multimode no a sound for part. I have a Snow with only 4 part so i have limited possibility to move.
    Excuse for my no-perfect english, i'm from italy.
    best regards

What you want to create is not possible on the Virus - the best advice is to sample your drums and load them in an external sampler, be it software or hardware.

Quello che vuoi fare (drum map) non si può sul Virus; ti conviene campionare i tuoi suoni di batteria per usarli su un campionatore.
    Ciao.

• x Roby31

ciao
    sei italiano? mi permetto di farti un'altra domanda, se non ti disturbo. Vorrei acquistare un Korg MS20 controller usb della Legacy Collection. Mi sa che non ha ingressi midi ma solo usb. Con questo "giocattolino" posso pilotare anche il mio Snow? (A computer spento intendo - solo Virus snow e Korg ms20 usb) Chiedo umilmente scusa se sono uscito fuori dal tema della mia domanda iniziale. Grazie infinite e buona serata.

• Se non ha almeno un MIDI Out (cosa che mi sembra mancare dall'unica foto del retro che ho visto, che mostra solo una porta usb) purtroppo non puoi fare a meno di interfacciarlo al computer per controllare lo Snow (l'usb sul controller Korg serve anche come alimentazione, non c'è modo di alimentarlo via la porta usb dello Snow e usarla al contempo per i dati). In più dovresti in ogni caso farti uno schema dei CC# sia del controller che dello Snow (che non sono neanche molto standard se ben ricordo) e adattarti a convivere con la tastiera minikey...Penso che ti convenga un'altra soluzione, tipo una Novation SL o un controller pieno di knob e una tastiera decente con MIDI Input per ricevere e ritrasmettere i dati del controller.