Expression and sustain pedal (Virus Ti2 Keyboard)

• Hello there,

I am curious about a sustain and expression pedal for the Virus Ti2 Keyboard.

I assume that they are seperate products ... are they hard to set up? I kinda know what a sustain pedal does and I think I want one for playing bits live .... but not 100% on the expression.

Any recommends or reasonably price and compatible pedals?

Thanks,

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• I have a Yamaha FC-5 sustain pedal. It does the job, cost me about £20 and feels good to the tread.

Thought about an expression pedal e.g. Yamaha FC-7, but considering the price I think I am happy enough using aftertouch, velocity and mod wheel for expression. There have only been a couple of occasions when I felt I could really use an expression pedal, e.g. to subtly modulate a Leslie effect when holding down two-handed chords with Hammond patch.

• Thanks guys - handy info

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• I own the Yamaha FC-7 and it is awesome! I have mine set to filter cutoff 1 and use it to play with two hands. You can set your modulation pedal to tweek whatever you want.

• i just bought a yamaha FC 7 and FC4 the other day and cant get it to work properly, does anyone ahve any tips on how ot get it up and running

You have to set them up in the global settings AND you have to make sure the pedal's polarity is set correctly.