Whats the best "sound sets"?

• Hello, I am wondering which are the darkest sounding user contributed sound sets on the downloads page? And why are some of those banks very empty except for the a few slots? Is there a problem with those mostly empty sound sets?

In addition, why are other soundsets for sale on other websites not on the sound set download page? Are the ones for sale on those sites just more simple techno and trance sounds? because they sound like it to me. But I do not need any more of those types of sounds. Why are they even charging money for programming those types of sounds? because 1) the virus comes with enough of those, 2) the sound set downloads have tons of them too, and 3) those types of sounds are SO freaking easy to program! LOL. so I am confused why they are trying to sell sounds that are nothing better than what we have and what we have "access" to? I would only pay for far out sounds or very evil sounds.

With that said, I will pay money for somebody who has lots of experience t program a full soundset of very dark sounding patches. Like very evil sounds. Please let me know if any one has what it takes for this. But I would need to hear a sample or two first.

• Without trying to sound like im having a shot at you i wouldn't bother. Learn your machine, analyze patches that you like and make your own or edit the ones you like to make them your own. It does take time but It worked for me.

cheers

• Here the Post :
    Free and Commercial Soundbanks
    access-music.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=2148#post2148

There are many good patches sound in your virus ,if you learn how to change the parameters you will be able to make or change the sound by your self...
    just tweak the knobs for fun...... 8)

• What are "evil" sounds to you?

Go to the Patch Dr What, and turn up the release knob.

I have tried to modify that one so that chamber like tone attacks earlier but I cannot seem to get it it right because the entire patch is programmed counter-intuitively. Many other patches are like that - extremely unorthodox modulations and routings that makes certain standard synthesizer tweaks do little and work against me. But yet some of those sounds are so good.

To be able to program like that takes a genius.

• Without trying to sound like im having a shot at you i wouldn't bother. Learn your machine, analyze patches that you like and make your own or edit the ones you like to make them your own. It does take time but It worked for me.

What are you talking about? LOL. For you to believe that I am not already doing that is a very faulty assumption.

I did do that, I DO do that, and I will continue to do that. I have done lots of modifying of patches, and have come up with some good customized sounds of my own! This is irrelevant to the fact that I am looking for another programmer who I will be compensating for customized virus sound design. Because I am more of the guitar player in the project. Its as simple as that.

• Go to the Patch Dr What, and turn up the release knob.

I have tried to modify that one so that chamber like tone attacks earlier but I cannot seem to get it it right because the entire patch is programmed counter-intuitively. Many other patches are like that - extremely unorthodox modulations and routings that makes certain standard synthesizer tweaks do little and work against me. But yet some of those sounds are so good.

To be able to program like that takes a genius.

I'll give it a shot as soon as I get my hands on the unit and let you know if I have any tips or I'm clueless.

• What are you talking about? LOL. For you to believe that I am not already doing that is a very faulty assumption.

I did do that, I DO do that, and I will continue to do that. I have done lots of modifying of patches, and have come up with some good customized sounds of my own! This is irrelevant to the fact that I am looking for another programmer who I will be compensating for customized virus sound design. Because I am more of the guitar player in the project. Its as simple as that.

Haha you post on here about paying people to program sounds for you so am i wrong to assume that you may need a little help? Maybe you should have added a little more information in your original post :thumbup:

good luck!