Modulation, Lfo Shapes, Mod Envelopes and bezier curves

• Its hard to believe that such a modern and great sounding synth is so behind in Modulation Capabilities:

Here are my suggestions

A mod envelope with user adjustable bezier curves

Better LFO curves there is over 60 shapes and most of them are just crazy and some what unusable for bread and butter sounds, how about a mellow to steep ramp, some sine variations ect ect

Please Can we have some kind of official reply to this request if its possible/being worked on

Bran Richards

• Bran,

Thanks for your suggestions. Some of this has been suggested before, and of course would be cool to have.

As for an official comment, we don't comment on future plans for features or current development. We do keep a close eye on the suggestions from our users though (see Arp>Matrix).

Cheers!

Matt

• Hello,

It's aknowledged that NI's Performance Shaper is now "massively" used in DnB & Dubstep. To me, such a feature would be the greatest implementation on the modulation side. As for now, I'm turning on my Clavia G2 to produce multipoint enveloppes or multisegment mods. Problem : the G2 does not have Unison. I'm wondering if any modification in the the Arp>Matrix feature could not help to achieve that. For instance, why not add an attack + decay to each step of the Arp?

• Hello,

It's aknowledged that NI's Performance Shaper is now "massively" used in DnB & Dubstep.

This could be true, but I have no reason to believe it is meant for any particular genre as many things can be done with it in many ways.

Zitat

To me, such a feature would be the greatest implementation on the modulation side. As for now, I'm turning on my Clavia G2 to produce multipoint enveloppes or multisegment mods. Problem : the G2 does not have Unison. I'm wondering if any modification in the the Arp>Matrix feature could not help to achieve that. For instance, why not add an attack + decay to each step of the Arp?

The problem is that there will still be complaints even if they make this mod, because it takes too long to edit a pattern with the arp step section. Especially after working with Massive's performer envelope/stepper, which is super quick. In order to get an almost similar pattern in the Virus with those blocks, it takes 4 times as long to do your pattern - i find this incredible considering there is only squares and blocks to work with in the virus arp/stepper. ?(