The best midi controller for my Virus Ti Snow

• Look for the Akai MPK series. But make sure you get one with sensitive pads. Because there is a defect with some models with pads not able to put out maximum velocity. But other than that, as long as you get a good one - this midi controller is by far the most professional on the market.

• Go for Akai or Novation
    INMHO ,Novation has very smooth keys and very easy to midi routing with 8 led display you can see your midi channel patch name

i have edirol but i don't like keyboard action and midi routing

Notice : Novatio X-station is a midi controller which comes with a Analog synthesizer --- Remote SL Just a Midi controller

• if you set up the quick controls in the device manager in cubase it doesnt really matter whick controller you use as you will have access( no pun intended) to all of the controls in vc per part and per track
    try it bro it will rock your soxx

• I think the Akai MPK series keybed is the most Virus feeling controller.

But there is a severe problem with the MPKs i just discovered in the store when demoing it again... the drum pads cannot hit 127 hard velocity no matter how hard you hit it... I tried to adjust the velocity curves for the drum pads, and even when i slammed the drum pads as hard as i could, almost breaking my finger... I still could not get high velocities... are they all so bad with the drum pads? they have no sensitivity to hard hits. this was terrible... i did not realize this, i just assumed they were the best ones out there in my previous post because they look ppretty serious... but when i tried the drum pads I wanted to hang myself.

I therefore settled for a 40 dollar akai LPD8 which has much better pads than the much more expensive MPKs. What the hell is that? And they even light up LOL!!

• But there is a severe problem with the MPKs i just discovered in the store when demoing it again... the drum pads cannot hit 127 hard velocity no matter how hard you hit it... I tried to adjust the velocity curves for the drum pads, and even when i slammed the drum pads as hard as i could, almost breaking my finger... I still could not get high velocities... are they all so bad with the drum pads? they have no sensitivity to hard hits. this was terrible... i did not realize this, i just assumed they were the best ones out there in my previous post because they look ppretty serious... but when i tried the drum pads I wanted to hang myself.

I therefore settled for a 40 dollar akai LPD8 which has much better pads than the much more expensive MPKs. What the hell is that? And they even light up LOL!!

You are right. Akai wanted to try to recreate the MPC pads in the MPK line...which means that full velocity is hard to do unless you push the full velocity key, which will make them full 127. I never dug the MPK for its pads, but rather its very smooth keys and encoders. It has an arp and you can actually use it without USB to control your virus with its actual MIDI out! It is sad, but some newer MIDI Controllers are are being released without MIDI outs and only USB (new M-Audio Oxygen 3 series). As the mainstream gets more dependent on software and less on hardware synths, the lowest price point for "Hardware Synth Users'" MIDI Controllers will go up because (ironically) someday MIDI out may be more of a luxury on MIDI Controllers!

Just my 2 cents on the matter anyways.