Syncing patches should only take a couple of seconds?

• Everytime the Virus MIDI driver crashes my system the Virus has to be resynced on the next startup, and i've noticed that it says "this might take a couple of seconds", but actually it always takes something around 8-10 minutes.

So is there maybe something wrong, should it be way faster? Or should the text instead simply say "a couple of minutes"?

• Mine is now on about an hour. looks like it's just hanging. I'm about to just restart this nightmare from the beginning. The only reason I'm reinstalling everything is because of my Virus control seems to stop working every other hour.... :cursing:

• Mine is now on about an hour. looks like it's just hanging. I'm about to just restart this nightmare from the beginning. The only reason I'm reinstalling everything is because of my Virus control seems to stop working every other hour.... :cursing:

try to remove other USB devices. if that helps you know that you have USB related data transfer problem. access support can help you with that.

best, marc

• Everytime the Virus MIDI driver crashes my system the Virus has to be resynced on the next startup, and i've noticed that it says "this might take a couple of seconds", but actually it always takes something around 8-10 minutes.

So is there maybe something wrong, should it be way faster? Or should the text instead simply say "a couple of minutes"?

the initial sync takes some times because ALL patches are being transferred. the consequent syncs only transfer the patches which differ (in theory non, since the systems syncs changes while running). if the midi driver crashes, the sync cannot be completed and will start the next time again. you need to find out why the midi driver crashes and access support can help you with that.
    best, marc