How do I "access" a slicer/multi-point envelope/stepper as a mod source

• How do I access an extremely flexible step-sequencer mod source with different shapes (either in the virus or elsewhere and use it to mod the virus) to allow me to edit a multi-point, stepped envelope, or patterned slicer which allows for the steps to be curves, ramps, triangles, different waves, saws,half blocks, squiggly tremolo patterns within the steps... etc... available for any of the steps, or for the user to just be able to draw it out on a multi-point envelope and either have this act on the level of the virus or any other mod destination in the virus? But this has to be a very flexible multi-point envelope or step sequence with tons of options. If I cannot get this in the virus, what is a good tool for this to be able to assign it as a midi mod souce assigning it to some sort of CC and mod source input into the Virus to mod the level of the virus or the other mod destinations.

Please help - this would be an ULTIMATE TOOL!!! If my options are slim, please do be kind enough to reccommend a proper RTAS plug-in for this. Thanks.

• Actually, I found one!!!

http://www.native-instruments.…mentid=19596&d=1278316417

Now its just a matter of assigning it to a CC source input the virus. Does anyone know how do to this in a DAW? Because my midi input to my virus is my axiom from a midi track in pro tools.

And does anyone know what controller 3, 9 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 are in the mod source menu of the virus? I cannot find any description of these in the manuals or documents.

• Try to look to the CC# table, IIRC there's one around, and if you still can't figure it out try to experiment. I mean, you DO have the Virus and the external controller/envelope, it can't be that hard to try it out :P

• yes it is definetly CC3 for free controller 3. But now the problem seems to be with pro tools limits of MIDI routing since I just got word that RTAS will now allow MIDI streaming. This is a big problem and I am making complaints to Avid for the claim of Pro Tools being the "industry standard music production DAW".

• Disregard my prior post based on misinformed forum knowledge across the web about pro tools. LOL. lesson learned.

I contacted the instructor i had for my prior pro tools certification level 101 and 110, and here is what he recommended for a mac, but hes getting back to me about doing it on a PC:

Open a Pro Tools session
    Create an instrument track and place the Virus plug-in on the insert
    create your MIDI performance on the Instrument track.

Open up AMS via Pro Tools Setup>MIDI>MIDI Studio, or open from your utilities folder on the Mac
    Switch to the MIDI Devices Tab, and double click on the IAC Driver
    Check the Box that says "Device is online"
    Click the "More information" arrow if you don't see the ports
    In the ports section add two ports, one called Reaktor In, and the other Reaktor Out
    Close the IAC Driver Properties window
    Quit AMS, as you are done with it.

Open up the stand alone version of the Reaktor application
    Load your ensemble patch
    In the System menu of Reaktor choose Audio+MIDI settings
    switch to the MIDI Tab
    In the Input interface section switch IAC Driver "Reaktor In" On
    In the output interface section switch the IAC Driver "Reaktor Out" On
    Click OK to close the box

Choose View>Show Toolbox
    Play the Reaktor sequence and ensure the little MIDI out light in this box flashes to show MIDI output
    Open the Ensemble-Structure window and delete the audio outputs by clicking on them and hitting delete.
    Leave the Reaktor application running and Switch back to Pro Tools.

From the Pro Tools menu choose Setup>MIDI>MIDI Beat Clock
    Make sure the box "Enable MIDI beat clock for..." is checked
    Check the box that says IAC Driver, Reaktor In

You have now successfully linked the two transports together. If you play Pro Tools, Reaktor should play, and also will follow what ever tempo Pro Tools is running at.

Now for your Reaktor to control the Virus plug-in, all you need to do view the instrument portion of the Instrument track in Pro Tools, and change the Input of the MIDI portion of the instrument track to Predefined IAC Driver, Reaktor Out "All Channels"

Any MIDI data Reaktor spits out will now affect the Synth on that track.

(Now I gotta find out how this is done on a PC.)