"Hello" from Down Under

• Hello to all. :D
    I'm Murray from Sydney Australia, About to turn 50yo but feel & act like 35yo. LOL
    Had a Virus TI Desktop for a few years now after falling in love with this synth ages ago.
    I have a home studio setup , Non smoking No Food or Drinking & Dust free consisting of :
    iMac 10.5.8 / 2.4 Ghz / 4Gb / 20" screen + 2nd 20" screen / Edirol UA-EX25 ( Usb ) / RIP ( Firewire ) / Zoom MRS multi 8 track recorder,
    NI Kore 2 & heaps of sound packs / Maschine / Komplete 5 + 6 / free plugins ie; Crystal / Cheese machine & TAL products etc etc
    120w Monitors / many Zoom & Boss Guitar pedals / Fender Bass Guitar / Takamine Acou...Elec / Gibson Les Paul Standed 2007 model,
    I'm presently using Logic 9 Pro Studio ( Fav ) but also have Cubase 4 & Ableton Live,
    OH & of cause Access Virus TI Desktop with M-Audio Keyboard,
    Also have Gibson Dark Fire / Roland VG-99 & FC-300 & all the other things collected over time ie: Amps / Mic's / Headphones etc etc etc
    I use to play Guitar as 15yo But stopped when I found out all about........Women
    Got Married had Kids.........................Got Divorced.......................Been there done that. !!!! :rolleyes:
    Started my venture back into music scene sometime in 2006 & having a great time learning & creating all type's of music.
    I'm not in a band, I create & perform all my own music, & loving doing this !!! :)
    I like using & recording Virus in the analog / standalone mode as it's more hands on................But thats just me!!!
    But also use as Virus Control, especially using the Dark Fire to drive Virus though the VG-99 ( Guitar to Midi )
    Again a.........BIG HELLO........to you all.
    Cheers To Ya.
    OH using all latest versions of all above
    MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND...........................WITH OUT IT , IT WOULD STOP

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zummooz ()

• Hi Murray and all other Aussies. I have a very similar story to yours Murray. Over 50 and recently back into music after a long break. I have owned numerous synths from the early 80's. Korg Trident. Roland Jupiter 6, Roland JX3p, Roland SH101, Sequential Cicuits Pro ONE, Emu Drumulator, Roland MSQ 700 sequencer and Tascam 4 track recorder. Unfortunatley all gone except the Korg, which no longer works.

I worked for two years at SAE Sydney as a teacher and engineer and had the pleasure to work with and study from Mike Stavrou, Recorded a live session with Davd Helfgot at the Sydney Town Hall.

Life and family caused me to seek out a REAL living and now my 19 year old son has been interested in synths and is attending Tafe to then study music at UNI.

He purchased a Korg R3 and M-Audio Exponent and to help him along I have purchased a pair of Truth monitors and now KRK's, a Novation Zero, a Yamaha 12 channel mixer, 2 monitors,an M-Audio Audiophile sound card boosted the PC to run FL, Abelton, Sonar and Audition.

This week I purchased an Access Virus TI desktop from Ebay that was 2 months old for an unbelievable price for myself and have been blown away again by sounds I could only imagine.

The Tinnitus now has to make way for the seemingly endless amount of sounds from the virus.. I thought 4 banks of 8 sounds on the Jupiter 6 was too many. A to Z of 128 sound plus complete control of any parameter is way too many.

Congrats on the rekindling of music making. You will have to post some up on You tube.

Tom

P.S> I am abosutely in love with this Virus and my son will have to buy his own. 8)

• Hi all & thank you for your warm welcome.
    Hey....tomcc....nice to see I'm not alone in venturing back in the music scene.
    Although you seem to have had some experience with some nice synths.
    I'm with you on that one......Virus TI is an AMAZING piece of gear.
    Good score for you on the Ebay......You won't regret that purchase.
    Great to see your son getting in to it as well,I wish him & you well.
    As mentioned in other post I've done here about 'Driving Virus TI
    with VG-99' (Guitar To Midi) Well I put a tune together using this method
    after owning VG-99 for only 3 weeks.......
    Shall post this tune in other post when I work out how to use "Soundcloud"
    Have posted this tune at other forum I'm on 'Future Guitar Now'......FGN
    But if you want to listen to it there, you have to be a member & log in.
    Also thank you to......Chris.....Horsegrip.....Matt
    Let the music roll on.......Cheers & Thanks
    P.S.....tomcc.....A-Z of sounds......BUT don't forget there are many more library patches
    downloadable from Access Website....you should have about 7000+ patches

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D