Driving Virus TI with VG-99 (Guitar to Midi)

• Hi all
    I've been experimenting down the path of recording 'Guitar to Midi' using Gibson's 'Dark Fire' Guitar, in Hex mode
    into Roland's VG-99 to drive Virus TI Synth. Using Virus Control into Logic,
    All seems to be tracking rather well.
    Like to know has anybody else tried this sort of setup out.............ie: Guitar To Midi !!..........Using the Virus TI
    If so would like to here your experience's ie: Type of Guitar your using etc or any Tips or Tricks that might help.
    I've been able to select 6 sounds in Virus Control & play each sound separately on each string on the Guitar.
    As this is truly a wonderful & different way of doing things.
    Any Tips or Special Tricks from anyone doing this type of thing, Gratefully Appreciated 8)
    If no one does this sort of thing here, I will still share my experience's as I go along.
    Thank You & Cheers To Ya From Down Under

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• Hey Zummooz I am fascinated by this project of yours and will be watching for updates. Ooh, and whenever you have some audio to share .... :)

• Hi suzzymackenzie
    Thanks for your interest in this experiment using 'Guitar To Midi'
    To drive Virus TI using Guitar & VG-99
    Only had VG-99 for 3 weeks.......
    Well have done something already, as a trial & very happy how it turned out.
    Will post here when I work out 'Soundcloud' as I've never used this before.
    But is posted on other forum I'm on 'Future Guitar Now' or FGN
    Will have to be member to be able to listen to it.
    Thanks again for your interest & will post here A.S.A.P
    Cheers To Ya :D

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• The best Guitar tracking Midi interface I have found - is the Axon AX 100 MKII - they are not cheap - but the tracking blows away the Roland.

http://www.axon-technologies.n…le=article&sid=1&menu=101

It tracks slides, vibrato amazing well. But, you still have to play very cleanly though - as with all guitar midi interfaces.

I have been thinking if purchasing a Star Labs Z6 series Midi guitar:
    http://www.starrlabs.com/products/ztars/z6-series

Has anyone had any experience with any of the Starr Labs midi Guitars?

Regards - Robert

• Hi rlawrentz

Gee that Axon AX 100 MKII looks interesting,
    Shall see if available in Australia.
    That is 1/2 the price of VG-99
    Don't go much on the midi guitars....Prefer the real thing.
    Thanks so much for links....
    Cheers To Ya