Virus control centre not working properly

• I have installed the Virus installer 4.0.5.0.1 and have connected my TI2 desktop. It connected and updated the software and the Ti works fine via midi keyboard. Can I change or access any of the TI's parameters via the software? All it seems to allow me to do is update the software, do a backup and restore and burn to flash rom. The video tutorials show the Control centre able to access the TI but I can't seem to do any of that with this control centre. Have I not downloaded the correct software or am I doing something wrong? I have not yet set it up with my seq programme FL studio.

Any help would be much appreciated. :?: :?: Tom

• I have installed the Virus installer 4.0.5.0.1 and have connected my TI2 desktop. It connected and updated the software and the Ti works fine via midi keyboard. Can I change or access any of the TI's parameters via the software? All it seems to allow me to do is update the software, do a backup and restore and burn to flash rom. The video tutorials show the Control centre able to access the TI but I can't seem to do any of that with this control centre. Have I not downloaded the correct software or am I doing something wrong? I have not yet set it up with my seq programme FL studio.

Any help would be much appreciated. :?: :?: Tom

You're confusing the Virus Control Center with the Virus Control VST Plugin. The Control Center does what you have experimented. The plugin needs to be set up as explained in the manual and the add-on, which can both be downloaded in the manuals section on the website, and does what you've seen in the videos.

• Sorry for the premature issue. I have loaded the drivers into my Seq program (FL) and now I have TOTAL INTEGRATION control over the TI. Everthing is available to change, the only issue I have is the sync latency with FL. I am trying a few things out to resolve this. So far I have put all the other channels into another master track and put delay compensation on and played with the delay settings to get the TI in sync. I will try some other things as well. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Tom :thumbup:

• This Virus control does not load into bluecat patchwork.. is destroying my computer by making pro tools not respond and not to mention the other thread I posted where it is not loading at all in Studio One Pro 5. Does this thing even have any support anymore at all anymore or is everything discontinued?

• Zap13 suggest you look at the Mystery Islands plug-in. Support hasn’t been perfect of late, but everyone seems to report that it works without problems.

wow,tthanks alot. I appreciate it. Will it access all the other libraries on my windows in addition to the Roms and ramss on the TI?

This is very important because this is the only synth that has the sounds for a metal project. all other synths do not have the sound. I cant believe this company has abandoned people. This is unbelievable that another company is making software on volunteer basis for the Virus and the company access themselves will not work on this. is this a kindergarten company?

• And do i need to move that folder with all my presets both free, purchased and backups before i uninstall Virus control? I hope this is still working the same way where I can audition all the sounds from my computer

• Zap13 the Mystery Islands plug-in can import sound libraries from your PC to the Virus, if that’s what you mean.

Why not reach out to the developer and ask your questions?

I suggest you email [email protected].

K thanks. Now Im trying to load VC into Studio 1 again and its going a bit faster. maybe because i can see its loading and syncing the ROm on the unit... i assume this is only gonna do this the first time loading?

• and now Virus Control is working in studio one. Using the front USB port on this HP z820. not sure why but saw this somewhere. Its a bit of a relief. But still annoying that i have to import a track into this after all that work in pro tools and wanting to KEEP it in pro tools.

this synth kills any other synth on the market even till this day. i dont understand why they would want to give up support of something so important and high end sounding and why not releasing new versions of this audio marvel and why they are focusing on Kemper so much when guitar modelers have caught up close enough that they should not focus on Kemper. Its a big mistake and wrong priorities.

They have a synth here which nothing else out there sounds like (except maybe u-he Zebra sometimes) but why these people will not support this thing is so absurd. I may not be happy with these people at this company but their synth is timeless and should be continuously supported, should exist as AAX, and should be re-sold as a TI3 with a slightly new paint job and with the same Virus control plug-in or just a TI Snow desktop large white one. Please do not abandon his synth people!

Does anyone know what has happened to this company? Who is running things there because whoever is running it certainly it is not a person who should be running the company.

• > i dont understand

No one does. Christoph Kemper sucks at running Access, sad to say. I wish he'd let someone take over who actually cares about the Virus and/or knows how to communicate with the hundreds of customers that STILL to this day hope to be able to spend money on an updated Virus DESPITE all the crap that management has pulled over the years. THAT is how strong a legacy the Virus has created.

And Mr. Kemper throws it all under the bus for no fucking reason. It's mind blowing more than anything.