Next OS (os 4?) feature requests

• +1 for a third envelope, maybe even switchable to bipolar behaviour
    Oscillators tunable down to 0Hz, to use them as waveshaper or to modulate the shapers/saturation phase, as it is possible with Q/mQ/MWXT.
    PhaseMod Mode that sums/mix Oscillator 1+3 as modulator for Oscillator 2.
    Currently played Unisono Voice Number as Modulation Source like in microQ/Q synthesizer.
    Distortion behind not only between filters.
    Bandpass and bandreject with adjustable bandwidth (not to be mistaken with Q-Factor).
    Higher pitch mod amount.
    Oszillator 3 as selectable Sync Master.
    Faster (enough for noise modulation) and rekursive modulatable LFOs

Rather unlikely to get.

Additve Waveform Editor with Absynth type waveform morphing

• I'm going to give a big +1000 to anything to do with increasing the resolution and range of the LFO/Portamento rates and filter positions (often i have to use the filter envelope in combination with the cutoff to get the level im after - attack and decay down and tweak the sustain).

The max portamento time is definitely too short - at present i have to split a an ending where i porto from a high key to a low key into octaves pressing the new octave just in time to increase the porto time (it never sounds right, though).

• Perhaps DC offset and amplitude control locally on the LFOs - I often find, also, that the LFOs cannot modulate certain things enough (especially though the mod matrix), like if you link it to the frequency in the phaser, the max range is small - possibly because of the bipolar nature of the LFO, but if you set the frequency in the middle, the LFO does not make it reach both extremes by a long way...

• It does make it to both extremes - check it out with a square LFO, and you should hear that this is the case. If you want to make the modulation even steeper though, which can help to emphasise the time spent at the extremes, you could always assign LFO>Phaser Frequency twice...

• Definately a compressor.

I use my TI Keyboard live with a band and would love to side chain from both a midi input in or an audio in.

Currently I use a side chain in abelton but there is latency as I have to use a USB out. If the side chain compressor could work on the main outs it would be the perfect instrument for me.

Thanks Access!

• also more preset modulation routings, as in preset for pitch mod, cutoff mod, etc, so as to not use up spaces in the mod matrix

• 1. Slight randomness of patch parameters per key. Set as a percentage, applied to the 12 semitones or to each new note. Percentage could be automated and routed into the matrix etc. It would give all patches a lush new life. Patch creation could be sped up dramatically this way. This can be borrowed from the random routine that exists already but be in real time.

2. And while your doing per note one patch stuff, drum mode!!

• 1. Slight randomness of patch parameters per key. Set as a percentage, applied to the 12 semitones or to each new note. Percentage could be automated and routed into the matrix etc. It would give all patches a lush new life. Patch creation could be sped up dramatically this way. This can be borrowed from the random routine that exists already but be in real time.

2. And while your doing per note one patch stuff, drum mode!!

1. There is a random option in the mod matrix, together with that and key follow you could probably get pretty close to what you are after...

2. Multi mode can support one note ranges for presets - so you can get drum patches lined up next to each other and still have enough parts left for synth in the right hand/ whatever....

• 1. There is a random option in the mod matrix, together with that and key follow you could probably get pretty close to what you are after...

2. Multi mode can support one note ranges for presets - so you can get drum patches lined up next to each other and still have enough parts left for synth in the right hand/ whatever....

Yeah, sounds interesting but I would'nt want to waste all my mod matrix spots and my vision is a randomness per key in an octave over the entire keyboard and also to more than just 16 parameters. Sounds crazy but I just discovered SYNPLANT, any Access synth gurus should poke a stick at it see what I am on about.

• Well I've just counted and I cant see you wanting to randomise more than 16 parameters, really (ADSR on both envelopes, both cutoffs and resonances, env amounts, vave select on each osc, detune of osc 2, etc.) - and you can vary 18 from the mod matrix alone (you can then get time based randomness using the LFOs - S&G is your friend on that one)...

Also, the random function will change its value for every note on, it doesnt matter what key it is - you would have to press the same key quite a few times to get the same value when you are just varying one param (and many more if you have several randoms going on) - I can only think that you want a fixed irregularity per key or something so that the scales aren't perfect or something? Otherwise you can do it all.

I might add that its a little bit overkill randomising everything - most of it wont be noticed or appreciated to the unprepared listener (not unless you have the values really high).

• This might be asking alot depending on the virus software architecture but it would really reaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly make it the best thing ever if there was a modular mode on the virus. I would have kittens I would be so happy. The kittens in question would then all buy a ti snow too, as would their kittens. Give that a cat can reproduce much faster than a human and also will have a much larger average litter, I think that this alone would provide the expansion in market sector required for the development of modular mode seem like the only sane thing to do from an economic standpoint. Consider further that the market would be limited only the number of TI's in the environment, as production would now multiply the demand factor per unit sold by 4ish roundabouts. Dare I say it, the advent of modular mode would see in an new era of animal evolution on this planet which would fuel accelerating expansion and consequent transformation of the planets resources until everything is consumed. At that point we and our feline offspring would probably start questioning the merits of abandoning space propulsion research in favor of synth production, though this would likely be in the far far future and the names of those who were directly to blame for this horrible derailment of societal evolution would be long forgotten or spoken as the name of a god.

You see! Modular mode could be the biggest thing ever to happen on this planet.

You must decide the fate of humanity!

You must develop modular mode.