Next OS (os 4?) feature requests

• Grapical step sequencer in Virus Control. Would love to see a toggle in the arp screen where you could activate a mini piano roll then draw your own sequences. Nothing fancy, just 32 steps and a one or two octave note range would be great. This would let me use the Virus live without a seperate sequencer :)

A multi mode editor.

• Zitat

Comb Filters
    Oscillators as modulation sources in the mod matrix
    LFO's that go way into the audio range

Zitat

More filter types is what I'd really be interested in. Maybe a couple more distortion types too.

If the virus had a comb filter, and gooood tape and tube saturations I wouldn't be able to think of anything else I'd want.

Zitat

Comb filters!

Or other interesting filters, check out the ones in Largo, to die for.

Agreed with these! :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comb_filter

Could someone from Access comment on whether faster LFO's would be technically possible without changes to hardware (Marc? Ben?)

• Filters for psymod experience

- Comb filter
    - Phase filter
    - Feedback Delay filter

Oscilators

- String oscilator (delay tunes for malet, string)

- Chaos LFO (with mathematic parrameters seed and other)
    - Elastic LFO (friction parrameters)

Other

- Sequencer 32 step drawable
    - More mod matrix sources/destination (oscilators, sequencer, feedback and random but with random parrameter smooth, range, seed)
    - patch randomizer on Virus Control and genetic or fractal mutator

:)

• Grapical step sequencer in Virus Control. Would love to see a toggle in the arp screen where you could activate a mini piano roll then draw your own sequences. Nothing fancy, just 32 steps and a one or two octave note range would be great. This would let me use the Virus live without a seperate sequencer :)

A multi mode editor.

Agree with you!
    It will be great if new OS will have step sequensor to draw your own arp!

• very simple one this:

lockable softknobs on common tab. All other tabs are lockable, why not this one?

I know you can do this using config but it would be nice to control via the PC

• Like on FM8, a preset browser with multiple caracteristics as intrument family, timbre, source, articulation, genre... would be great on the virus

It is the fastest seach tool I ever use, it's better to don't loose filling while earing each sound preset one after one... ;)

• i think you're right, the FM8 patch browser is fun. we have about 7000 patches on our website as of today, the main problem with such a patch browser is that somebody (or rather a team of somebodies) would have to go through all those patches and categorize them. a task, we simply cannot donate the manpower needed to. feel free to open a new thread asking for other to assist. in case we get enough volunteers, we will put some serious thought into this and check, if it's realistic.

best, marc

• It will be better, sure, but what do you think about making it possible on future bank only?
    In my opinion, if we add this functionnality (i.e. to do it without pass thought all the existing path), we will have futur set with it and old set without.
    We don't use new Ti possibilities (as EQ) on the imported virus C path. It could be the same.

• I would also like to see the oscs as sources in the mod matrix. audio rate modulation is one of my favorite techniques!

and to whoever said they wanted a modular mode: if access came out with an access virus TI modular synth, I will have died and gone to heaven.

• - More mod matrix sources/destination (oscilators, sequencer, feedback and random but with random parrameter smooth, range, seed)
    - patch randomizer on Virus Control and genetic or fractal mutator

:)

Totally agree... more random function & parameter will be nice add.

• LFO delay,,,,,,

I just posted this on the infected forum and found out how to do it but a LFO delay knob and maybe attack knob would be a great feature

cheers Jamie

• jamie8286, what do you mean by LFO delay? Delay as an effect or delay as in waiting to start. Because you can use the LFO as an envelope.

Hi delay as in waiting for the lfo to start some one told me how to do it in the mod matrix using (Source) filter envelope to lfo>cutoff1 but then this uses your filter envelope up so it isnt free i guess to use with the other filter after you have applied the modulation.

Also if you click the envelope button on the LFO page it only cycles once it would be good if you had the option for it to keep going when it is in env mode and free running (not clocked). The env button seems to be more aggressive or duck more which is more the sound im after. Then the free running lfo could be automated in your host.

Please correct me if i'm wrong on any of that cheers Jamie