Next OS (os 4?) feature requests

• to make LFO delay you can use quare wave: clock synchronised with perhaps a contour
    so, you can take it to modulate other things in the matrix without using the filter env

• i know this isnt really what the TI is all about but....

i would really like to use the VC while on the move with the laptop [and no im not buying a snow]. so maybe a cut down version of VC as a VST to allow jamming of ideas on the move and fine tuning at full strength when connected to the TI back home. so no atomizer etc just core programming available.

• i know this isnt really what the TI is all about but....

i would really like to use the VC while on the move with the laptop [and no im not buying a snow]. so maybe a cut down version of VC as a VST to allow jamming of ideas on the move and fine tuning at full strength when connected to the TI back home. so no atomizer etc just core programming available.

There is no sound generation at all in Virus Control, so there is nothing that could be stripped down.
    The snow btw is pretty handy on the road and it serves as soundcard, too, so it might be a consideration.

-timo

• a Copy Parameters Section can be usefull
    it means with this function you will be able to copy one of the parameters sections in (OSC,FILTER,LFO,MATRIX,FX,...) from a patch to other patches

Thank you AccesS Team

We have this already in the form of Section Locking

• Someone mentioned a Modular Mode for TI...I totally agree on this...Would make the TI an open source hardware monster!!!
    Maybe a partnership with Cycling '74??? :D

Imagine building your own stuff and applying it to the Virus through a dedicated stand alone plug as many mentioned...Massive!!!
    Also would be excellent to have a new re-programmed version of Atomiser to behave as Native Instruments "The Finger"...Every key a different effect+chaining
    Last but not least a Step Sequencer and some new types of wicked FX...

Access hear this!!! :P

• I´m using TI Snow. It´s my baby but I´d like to have all 4 USB OUTS. (I think all other Virus users also want because a sound is more than only the Virus. It is the whole channel strip...)

For TI Snow sending CC data via Softknobs. Why not use these nice handy knobs from it??
    I read something about more Filters. I must agree. There are some synths outside the Virus universe (e.g. band elimination filter from N.I. Massive and the special lowcuts. Or have a "look" at the filters of the Tone2 Gladiator. There are many very special ones!! But I believe the Virus does better if he´s only allowed to ;))
    And of course the Virus as a FX, because the USB Input is not supported by my sequencer. Steinberg has also lot of things to do!!
    So, that´s my Christmas-wish-list
    thanx

• - Being able to select another source for S&H (and S&G), not just noise/random. I'd like to be able to use the value of another LFO as source to get a stepped waveform, as on the old ARP synths.

• Like on FM8, a preset browser with multiple caracteristics as intrument family, timbre, source, articulation, genre... would be great on the virus

It is the fastest seach tool I ever use, it's better to don't loose filling while earing each sound preset one after one... ;)

]

I'm happy to put my hand up to help out with that as it would make patch navigation far easier.

Perhaps a simple interim solution would be the ability to search by BOTH the currently assigned search filters rather than only one at a time. Even this would limit the number of hits coming up considerably while being much less of a headache to implement. Perhaps just a second drop down menu on VC's search page is all that's required?

More USB audio; 4 or preferably 8 stereo channels would be killer.

Third envelope and the aforementioned comb filter and LFO rate upgrades would also rock.
    Saw a lot of other great suggestions but these are the main ones for me.

Thanks for listening to our requests

• We have this already in the form of Section Locking

Thanks for this great feature Ben, it's awesome :thumbup:

Some ideas for OS4.5 :D
    Perhaps it could be extended to a multi-patch Section Locking feature. Here, you could select patch A, and decide you like sections 1 2 and 3, so you lock them. Continue browsing through patches, and find a patch, patch B, in which you like sections 4, and 5, so you lock these. Continue browsing through patches, and finally find patch C, which has section 6 and it's just perfect, so you lock it.

Now you have a brand new patch, comprised of:
    Sections 1, 2 and 3 from Patch A
    Sections 4 and 5 from Patch B
    Section 6 from Patch C

Does it already work like this? Sorry, I'm away from my TI at the moment and haven't used section lock for some weeks now and I'm a bit rusty!

A separate feature: Section Morphing.

Each currently lockable section could have a new parameter assigned to it, "Section Morph". This parameter would control the change of *all* parameters within that section. There would also be a "Destination" parameter, in which another patch is selected. Now, when you turn the "Section Morph" knob in the +ve direction, all parameters are *increased* in a linear fashion from their current values, to the values found in the "Destination" patch. Similarly if the "Section Morph" knob is turned in a -ve direction, parameters in the current patch are *decreased* until they match. Values would probably be scaled, such that it requires a full -64 to +64 movement to change all parameters from their current positions to the new positions.

Now imagine using the Section Morph parameter as a mod destination 8o

• why not make one thread to throw them all in here?

anyway my biggest requests:

Comb Filters
    Oscillators as modulation sources in the mod matrix
    A Third Envelope
    LFO's that go way into the audio range

This is exactly what I want. I'll be honest I'm not that fussed about a 3rd envelope, but I'd love some comb filters and LFO's up to 20kHz, even more FM fun! I think if all the LFO's went to ~20kHz you wouldn't need the oscs as mod sources so much, just my opinion.

• Better pro tools compatibility. Working automation in pro tools via the plug in. Virus control on pro tools for me is a wreck. Graphics glitches, sync problems, huge latency, weird output behavior. Fixes for those are the only things I would like to see in the next update. I want it to be rock solid so I can use this as it was intended (TOTAL INTEGRATION).