Virus Ti2 no sound under Logic 9

• I am a newbie user of Virus Ti & Logic

When I am using Logic 9, I connect my Virus Ti2 to my iMac via usb port.

There is signal of Virus Ti under Logic when using my Novation midi keyboard, but no signal when using Virus Ti2's own keyboard.

There is no sound when playing either midi keyboard or Virus keyboard.

Even I insert notes in the channel, there is still no sound coming.

Could anyone tell me how to solve it? Or is there any setting in Logic I need to do?

I can connect Virus Ti via usb direct to iMac under Ableton Live, Virus Ti works fine.

Someone please help me on this issue.

Many Thanks

• Hi,

It may sound stupid but have you got the MIDI local on switched on on the Virus. Also, is Logic seeing MIDI when you play the virus. Can you play other plug ins from the virus keyboard?

Regards.

• I am also having this same problem and have very much the same setup

any other help would be good, as since switching over from pc i dont have the vst's im used to and was relying on the virus to stand in a lot more

• ok dont worrie about last lol

just for any1 else who gets the pro here is what i did...

Logic Pro 9 handbook

page 47 (give it a read as it half explains it the rest i fugured out)

when you go to insert a new sofware instrament you will get a pop up option box make sure you deselect the option to open up the libary, that way you can select you own instrament: ie you virus and it works for me...

any 1 who is used to logic probs knows this tho so i guess this is for peeps who are new to it :)

• My Polar's keyboard stops responding regularly.

If I reset it :

Disconnect power

hold arp edit for 30 secs

plug in power

hold arp edit for 30 secs

I get the keyboard back but have to reset LED brightness, Tuning and anything else I configured so its a pain but a cure..

When using VC, Local On would give you double midi messages when the same channel is selected in Logic or continue to control the Ti when other channels are selected in logic so don't do that..

Cheers

Spanda

• Dear Spanda,
    We need more information about your setup to be able to help:

- what Mac model are you on?
    - to which USB port is the TI unit connected?
    - what other USB devices are connected to this setup besides the TI and mouse/keyboard?
    - what version of Logic are you on exactly and what OS X version is in use?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hey Jörg

Wasn't really asking for help but would be better if it didn't do it :) Was just happily dealing with it..

I am using a Mac Pro 8 core 2.4 (Current model)

Using a USB port on the back of the Mac Pro that is not shared with anything internal or external

Other USB devices... Unitor 8, Kore 2 Controller, Novation Remote SL0II, Ti Desktop V1, Novation remote LE 61. Keyboard/mouse Remote SL0 and Kore 2 are on a hub, There is a Belkin PCIe USB card with two backup hard drives connected.

Lion 10.7.2, Logic 9.1.5 (64 Bit)

Thanks

Spanda