When would you utilize Both Filters???

• There must be a good purpose having Filter 1 and 2 but I cant seem to get my head wrapped around the offset the second filter provides,

For example using SER4, I use a LP filter on Filter 1, Filter Balance is Centered, cutoff link is enabled. Filter 2 is LP as well. With Cutoff enabled i create a bipolar cutoff on filter 2. NOW when i offset filter 2's cutoff whats really going on? I don't understand what i am gaining that couldn't be done by using Filter 1's Cutoff in low-pass. Is this just a bad example using two filters with LP? Should this be utilized more for different types of Filters in Serial, like LP to BP?

Hope this post doesn't give anyone a headache.

Thanks!

• I mostly use two filters when i need a steep LP (SER 6, both lowpass, no offset) or when i need to use two different filter types (bandpass+saturation and then lowpass - or a slight hipass to filter the sub frequencies out of a bass sound, then a lowpass as shaping filter, filter cutoff not linked together). You might not need it at the moment, but experiment with different filter types, both in series and parallel and you will find they really can be useful, not only for weird sounds