Sysex bulks not sent correctly by a Virus TI

• The test I do:

1, Dump Multi with software "Elektron C6", via USB port.
    2, Change the original multi program and store it.
    3, Dump Multi back to the machine.
    4, Part one get mute, some other parts sound different from the original ones.
    5, Reset the unit, the changed program made in step 2 is back.
    6, However, the dumped Multi program is gone.

• Marc, does this mean that if I downgrade my TI2 OS to lower than 4.05.01 I should be able to load the multi sysex I saved? Or are you saying that the multi is only transmitted ok in the prior OS's?

• This sucks, I cannot believe I lost 6-8 months worth of album work and need to cancel 3 gigs now. So not happy with my Polar right now. :(

• This sucks, I cannot believe I lost 6-8 months worth of album work and need to cancel 3 gigs now. So not happy with my Polar right now. :(

i'm sorry to hear that. to clarify three things i didn't mention when i commented on the problem a couple of weeks ago in the first place:

- sending sysex over USB works fine, it is only when you use the MIDI plugs. by that i don't mean using Virus Control but an USB MIDI connection.
    - virus control center works fine as a backup solution, that might not solve every problem but i thought i mention it
    - the sysex strings are broken when being send, there is no way to recover those, only (eventually) partially.

from what i was told, the bug was introduced with 4.5.0.01 (which was release less that 6-8 month ago). so there is a good chance that older projects of yours are okay.

hth, marc

• i'm sorry to hear that. to clarify three things i didn't mention when i commented on the problem a couple of weeks ago in the first place:

- sending sysex over USB works fine, it is only when you use the MIDI plugs.

Are you sure?
    Several people in this thread report the problem when using the USB-midi

Br

• Agreed, I tested this extensively and USB transfers are just as corrupt as transfers made over the MIDI ports here.

I found an older sysex dump from before 4.05.01 that works (though from so early on in the project it doesn't help me personally), and it's roughly 172kb in size. Everything I send via USB or the midi ports now ends up being only 7kb to 42kb.

Thanks for the offer Ace, Jorg at Access already checked the file and confirmed that it's broken.

• If a fixed OS update is not coming shortly that fixes this issue, an email sent to customers warning them they could potentially lose their work permanently would be nice.

• from what i was told, the bug was introduced with 4.5.0.01 (which was release less that 6-8 month ago). so there is a good chance that older projects of yours are okay.

hth, marc

Hello, the bug has been present ever since I started emailing access about the pitch shifting bug.. (Which is now 2 years ago - yet unfixed and no timeline given on when it would be.) It was something like Os 2.5 when I noticed that neither does the sysex work..

• The bug is there in both modes. It will be adressed in the next update according Marc.

Yup, this was what was driving me nutz some time back..

Neither modes (..SEQ or Multi..) transmit Sysex well, and it happens also randomly.. (..one evening you might save and load sounds and all seems to be well, and then all of the sudden the day after you have no sounds in your song..)

:) But I am hoping that the Pitch drifting will be fixed shortly, so that there would not be the need to resort into using Sysex & StandAlone.

• Yup, this was what was driving me nutz some time back..

Neither modes (..SEQ or Multi..) transmit Sysex well, and it happens also randomly.. (..one evening you might save and load sounds and all seems to be well, and then all of the sudden the day after you have no sounds in your song..)

:) But I am hoping that the Pitch drifting will be fixed shortly, so that there would not be the need to resort into using Sysex & StandAlone.

While we are on the topic of finding bugs and hopefully having them corrected, I was hoping that someone from Access can take a look at this post I made in August regarding patch states after power loss:

http://access-music.de/forum/i…page=Thread&threadID=1712

Note the similar issue reported by someone else this past February:

http://www.access-music.de/for…?page=Thread&threadID=989

thanks

• I tested the same as above.
    *The patchnames do change but not he "location" after reading back the dumped sysex (or is this normal??)
    *Sometimes a patch/sound is "blocked after performing a dump (The virus do not produce any sound on a selected channnel ttill you jump to a next patch and/or back)
    *Sometimes a patch sounds only on the left output channel (and softer) after performing a dump (and not reading it back)
    *Sometimes a patch sounds "scrambled" after reading back a sysex dump

Am I doing something wrong or is it still not working?