windows 7 x64 / ableton live 8 virus ti X64 Help Please?

• for some reason the ti dosent show in the ableton plugins folder?

is the X64 ti drivers compatibale with ableton? can this be fixed

• yea i have vbeen using ableton for a while now on windows xp 32 bit , no probs with the virus ti not showing in vst folder, but it dosent show now on my new system, all drivers are installed correctly and 100% working, but no virus ti in VST folder in abletin live and will not show no matter how many scans i do?

the ti running on windows 7 64 bit, with latest ti 64 bit drivers installed, ableton is 32 bit, is it possible for the ti to show? is anyone running this setup?

i am also running the motu 2408/MK3 with 64x bit drivers installed for it and it shows ok in ableton

• I can check if it works on my system with an older trial version of Live if you can wait a bit

EDIT: Latest Virus TIOS (64bit), Live 8.04 (32bit), win 7 x64 professional msdnaa - everything works fine. I reiterate my previous statement about checking that the file paths are correct. Keep in mind for example that you'll have AT LEAST two different "VSTPlugin" folder, one in "Program files" and the other in "program files(x86)"

• i always create my own vst folder and name it VST so i cant go wrong and i know were everythng is, i have tried scanning this folder from both the windows 7 usuall place i keep it which is my docs, then i have also made another copy of that folder and placed it in the x86 program files and scanned that folder aswell from ableton, everything shows but the virus ti. im running motu 2408.mk3 with x64 drivers all works ok, im running UAD 2 dou and the plugins belonging to it are kept in my usuall VST folder , they all show, no virus ti tho

and this is a fresh install so i have kept track of everything

i may try uninstalling the ti software again and reinstall

• I think you should try to install the software again. Yesterday when I tried to use the VC in Live it showed up immediately and worked the way it should, so I don't think it's an incompatibility between the softwares as much as I suspect that Live still isn't "looking" in the right section.
    Also, IIRC, the Software Installer asks you where to install the plugins beforehand, once for the 32bit version, once for the 64bit.

• Dear Chris,
    There's really nothing in particular that needs to be "activated" or anything in this direction to get this going other than having "Ableton Live" scan the correct VST folder. Is the VST folder selected in the Ableton Live preferences definitely the exact same as the one you have the Virus TI plugins installed at this moment?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hey Guys,

sorry for writing in this old threat but yesterday I got my brandnew virust ti2. Great thing, but I wasn´t able to get the vst in in ableton 8.2 running. I have exactly the same issue like the other guys, posted their problems in this thread. I tried to install and re-install for a lot of times in 64 bit vst but also in 32bit vst. Nothing worked.
    I installed the virus vst´s in a separated vst folder, like I always do with all of my plugins - but the virus vst does not show up in ableton.
    All other vsts work fine.

My Notebook is running on Win7 Professional 64 bit, 4Gb RAM, Intel DualCore 2,56 GHz.

Can anyone help?

Cheers Chris

Edit: 14.12.2011
    Now I solved my problem. I deleted my existing VST folder which I had on D:\ and moved it to C:\ where the ableton is installed. Then I reinstalled Virus-Control and everything worked fine. So the problem was that the VST folder wasn´t in the same directory as the ableton installation. Wonder why all other plugins I used worked fine and shown up in ableton but the VC didn´t....

• It may have just been the reinstall that made it work..

But then again I always keep my vst's in C:/VST

Hmm okay, I have no idea about that. But before I moved the VST folder to C:/ I un-installed and re-installed the VC software several times on D:/ . I guess like 10 or 15 times and the VST never showed up in ableton. But now everything is fine and I enjoy the power of total integration.

@ lordclemi: What about you does it work?